The Student Room Group

bad habits whilst driving that you have noticed?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
My dad sometimes drives resting his right arm on the window ledge :cool:
I always find myself on the phone or eating
Reply 82
90% of people in my town don't indicate -_- Annoys me when driving.
Original post by MsCourtney
I've done that as well in a Left had drive vehicle in Canada. But I'd ask "how on earth?" as well for a RHD.

Does she enter in above 20 and hit stuff then?

No, she does about 20 and the car shudders because the gear is too high. Or coasts.
Reply 84
I have a bad habit of forgetting that people can see me through the windows of my car. I'll be singing along quite happily to the radio in a world of my own and then notice the guy in the next lane laughing. :unimpressed: This happens pretty much every time I drive.
Reply 85
Absolutely hate when people smoke whilst driving. I have a friend who does it constantly and not only is it disgusting, but if he dropped it and ended up burning me or himself, yeah, wouldn't be too chuffed.
Original post by MsCourtney
I don't take them at full speed but I don't like the people who slow down too much for them.
I might take it a bit faster than most people though.

The speed breakers that are like bumps on the road are much easier going fast than slowly though.

My instructor taught me to go over them at 10-15mph so that's what I do.
Reply 87
Original post by ttreb
Absolutely hate when people smoke whilst driving. I have a friend who does it constantly and not only is it disgusting, but if he dropped it and ended up burning me or himself, yeah, wouldn't be too chuffed.

It's their car, if you don't like it then don't get in? :tongue:
I hate it when people don't go along with the flow of traffic. Yes we all speed from time to time, but, today for instance I was on the M62; there was a 50 restriction, and the majority did follow it, but there were still two or three idiots racing along on the rightmost lane.
Reply 89
Original post by Idle
It's their car, if you don't like it then don't get in? :tongue:

Surely they can have one before or after the journey!!!
Original post by Nuffles
Rev match. When you're lifting the clutch into second, tap the throttle. With some practice, the shift will be seamless, and you can then use the throttle to control your speed around the corner. The rule to good cornering is having all your gear changing and braking done before entering the corner, so the only pedal you need to use in the corner is the throttle.

This 100%...

I made a thread about changing down and why was it so jerky! So I learnt to rev match and can easily drop from 4th - 2nd at higher speeds with no jerk at all. Braking is a lot easier too. I love driving :P!

Although my car isn't given fulll power, MAF or IAT is ****ing up. Windscreen is now cracked and just had a screw right thrgouh my wheel! MONEEEEEY

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending