Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else take this exam?

I have been getting A Grades in a few previous mock papers but only a C in the actual exam!!!!

How did you get on?

ReputationRep:
    Same.

Almost all the ppl targetted A's at my school got E's and U's.

Looks like i was right based on the grade boundaries. This was a hard paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got a U mate, even though I had A's for my Essay's and Mocks. I knew all the study and applied it to the real paper and this is what I get!

ReputationRep:
    I also got a c, 5 off a b, however 22 people from my class didn't pass so it must have been a stupidly hard exam!

ReputationRep:
    I was predicted an A and came out with a D. The thing that perplexes me about this situation is that I came out of the exam feeling confident I had answered all of the questions well and thoroughly. Hell, I had 10 minutes to spare at the end after checking my answers. Perhaps it was poor exam technique, but regardless I was pretty gutted. Looks like this Summer is going to be pretty packed.

ReputationRep:
    I done WJEC I was predicted a B, I was getting A's in my Mocks and was pretty sure I scored an A or a B but got a C! I was like five marks off a B was so gutted. I'm considering on getting it remarked

ReputationRep:
    I honestly thought I'd done really well in this paper, I don't understand what I did wrong.. Getting the paper back to have a look! Have a great teacher, revised loads and got worst than on my mocks... Honestly think something strange is going on here... My really smart friends mostly got E's and U's, even on different exams in which they should be getting C's! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    The same happened here as well the majority got Es and Us . Hopefully the summer brings better results !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Segadfx)
    I was predicted an A and came out with a D. The thing that perplexes me about this situation is that I came out of the exam feeling confident I had answered all of the questions well and thoroughly. Hell, I had 10 minutes to spare at the end after checking my answers. Perhaps it was poor exam technique, but regardless I was pretty gutted. Looks like this Summer is going to be pretty packed.
    I am in the same situation as you, I am going to resit in May/June. I was really shocked and I do not seem to know where I went wrong. I am glad it wasn't only me. I was getting A's prior to the exam in Past papers. I was getting full marks in the 12 mark assessments in timed condition in class. I honestly just don't know what the problem was.

ReputationRep:
    Exact same happened to me, predicted an A and got A's in mocks and got a U in the exam like majority of my class, felt really confident after that exam not sure where I went wrong :/

ReputationRep:
    Got B's in my mocks and then came out with an extremely low E! Lets hope the retake goes a lot better!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    got As in mocks and got a very high A in the exam

ReputationRep:
    Personally I found it quite easy I got a B and was getting D and E's in class so I'm over the moon but this exam was by far the easiest I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaypearn)
    I honestly thought I'd done really well in this paper, I don't understand what I did wrong.. Getting the paper back to have a look! Have a great teacher, revised loads and got worst than on my mocks... Honestly think something strange is going on here... My really smart friends mostly got E's and U's, even on different exams in which they should be getting C's! :confused:
    That's the exact same as me! I had a good teacher, did well on the mocks but got an E! I really thought I did well so I don't know what happened...

ReputationRep:
    I got 70 UMS marks which was a low B I wouldn't say this paper was particularly easy compared to all the past papers i did in class, in which i got A's in every single one. Although i was expecting to do much worse so a B's ok

ReputationRep:
    For all of those using the bigger books, i would definitely recommend just using the aqa psychology A revision guide as your main source and then using the big book to supplement the extra information, because it breaks it down and gets to the point more easily. From experience, i've always used this method in all subjects because it's less stressful and works with my brain more effectively.

ReputationRep:
    I scraped an A, but loads of people from my class who were on As and Bs in mocks came out with Ds and Es.

My teacher said that it was the easiest unit 1 paper she'd ever seen (not that any of us agreed with that! ) so perhaps that's reflected in the grade boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    My teacher predicted me a D and I got D's and E's in the mock exam but I started revising really hard and came out with an A. I thought the paper was okay, i got 84 ums out of 100

ReputationRep:
    i got an E which i am really surprised at. i studied really hard and felt confidant after the exam. im thinking of getting it remarked. is anyone else thinking of doing the same??

ReputationRep:
    18.80 to retake as well, joke!

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.