mangololo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I am a student, i have just got my score of 48 out of 80 and i was wondering what i got in the foundation language paper for english. thanks btw im new here
jwf13
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
They haven't worked out the boundaries for English language exams in January 2013 because there were problems last year with controlled assessment boundaries. Ofqual have said that to make sure that the grade boundaries in both January and June are fair they will work out the grade boundaries after the June exam
mangololo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
i? Is it worth me remarking because it will probably be about 50 for a c
cleveradam
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mangololo)
i? Is it worth me remarking because it will probably be about 50 for a c
did you do foundation or higher?
shakil8308
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
on my result it says grade as (Q) what does this mean also how is this gonna get worked out
AM1R
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I did the edexcel gcse english: writers craft exam, got the results today and it said '000q', i think that they havent given out UMS marks, they have only given out raw marks, i was on the higher paper and got 21/96, apparently, from what happened last year with the english gcse malarkey, ofqual are setting the boundaries after june 2013 to make it fairer. I know ive failed GCSE english
username1050473
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by AM1R)
I did the edexcel gcse english: writers craft exam, got the results today and it said '000q', i think that they havent given out UMS marks, they have only given out raw marks, i was on the higher paper and got 21/96, apparently, from what happened last year with the english gcse malarkey, ofqual are setting the boundaries after june 2013 to make it fairer. I know ive failed GCSE english
Our school seems to think that Ofqual made the examining bodies mark the January exams a lot harsher, and thus refuse to show anyone their work. They quote figures of "between 8 and 12 marks below each person's expected grade" and are challenging WJEC.
Tl;dr We get to resit our English Language exam when we are about to do our English Literature exam.
Quilt
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
We got out /40 results today but they're taking back 20% of our papers for remarking because there is serious issues with the grades we've been given. The grade boundaries haven't been released and won't be until Summer.
AM1R
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I grafted on that exam and got 21/96 (higher paper). Compared to the edexcel november 2012 grade boundaries, you need 39/96 for a Grade C, I've easily got a D then. So will this mean that Ofqual will make the boundaries fairer for us to achieve the grade we want? or are they just putting stricter and harsher measures in? Is it worth for a remark/resit?
Tomacca
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey guys, I did the AQA exam and got 58/80... The person with the highest score I know got 65. We haven't recieved a UMS mark yet, as Ofqual seem to think that if we get them now, teachers will mark our coursework unfairly high in order for us all to get above a C overall. Last year, the boundary for a A was 55, and as the grade boundaries were particularly high last year, I have been advised not to retake. Although this does not mean that the grade boundaries will not rise again this year (or even fall, which I think is more likely). Also, according to my teacher, Ofqual are most likely to readjust the boundaries for the middle of the range grades (D-B)... Anyway, I hope this helps!
Lucy-marie97
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It should be a high D, maybe just scraping a C but I doubt it.
bossun
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi guys i got a C For my English Language Exam ! I don't know how on earth i got that. I was hoping for B-A* sigh but the worst thing is that we didn't even get our raw marks. My school faked the UMS even though its not "supposed to be released" It says 79 UMS on my results sheet but i know that's not the actual UMS score because the english dept in my school converted the marks themselves. That was so lame..
bossun
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by MattFletcher)
Well you might end up getting a better grade then! But if you really aren't satisfied with your result then there's also resits!:top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yea everyone is entered for the retake in my school o: But i was hoping something good for english so that i could focus more on LIT. But oh well :rolleyes:
Allison.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Its exactly the same in our school :/. Literally all the really smart people got really low marks. Good to know its a countrywide issue. Maybe they'll even lower the grade boundaries!!
asadrazaq786
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i got 48/80 on aqa foundation paper and I have 53 marks on my controlled assesments. C=46 and B=55. what grade do you think I have? please reply worried here.
MattFletcher
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by bossun)
Yea everyone is entered for the retake in my school o: But i was hoping something good for english so that i could focus more on LIT. But oh well :rolleyes:
Unlucky, all of my class has been entered for the resit for Maths Paper 3 in the summer! It doesn't give us much hope for how we've done!
nacho4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
the grade boundaries for the aqa gcse higher english language in june 2012 out of (80) were:
A* 61
A 55
B 49
C 44
D 39
...BUT they haven't given january 2013 entries a grade because there was discrepency last year so it could change from these^
Cozza12345
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I got 45/96 on the edxcel English exam (HIGHER TIER), obviously I know the grade boundaries haven't yet be released, but I'm just wondering if i'm on track for aleast a C or what?, and also what were last year higher tier English exam grade boundaries also?
ellipsis...
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I know you can't know for sure but do people think 56 will be an A??
ellipsis...
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
????
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (115)
17.83%
It's just nice to be back! (177)
27.44%
Not great so far... (229)
35.5%
I want to drop out! (124)
19.22%

Watched Threads