Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Exeter vs York Watch

• View Poll Results: Exeter or York
    Exeter
    61.54%
    York
    46.15%

ReputationRep:
    I am at the stage where I do not know which to put as my first choice. I am studying history, and I would like to know your opinions, both positive and negative on life at these unis and if possible in the course. For arguments sake I have the offer AAA for both.

I know much of these unis and cities are quite similar, which is what makes this so hard! If you know the two cities well any sort of comparisons would be appreciated.

I know people will want to tell me that only I can decide what uni to choose, but don't bother telling me that, I know this, but I would like some opinions from other people.

Many thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Have you visited both? Also, make sure you have a look at the modules that each offers in substantial detail, and consider what periods of history you are interested in, and whether or not this matches up the modules on offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    Have you visited both? Also, make sure you have a look at the modules that each offers in substantial detail, and consider what periods of history you are interested in, and whether or not this matches up the modules on offer.
    Yeah I've been to both and fell in love with both D:

Also I find that both courses offer a massive variety of options, so I don't feel like i will be studying something I am not interested in at any point.

ReputationRep:
    edit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamBrown)
    Yeah I've been to both and fell in love with both D:

Also I find that both courses offer a massive variety of options, so I don't feel like i will be studying something I am not interested in at any point.
    In that case it starts to be a bit of a toss up between the two. Perhaps you could consider factors such as what societies are on offer (bearing in mind that this can change from year to year and you can start up your own), whether or not they guarantee halls to first years, distance from home (though being further away may be an advantage in your eyes, as it is / was in mine!) and other such relatively minor factors?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    In that case it starts to be a bit of a toss up between the two. Perhaps you could consider factors such as what societies are on offer (bearing in mind that this can change from year to year and you can start up your own), whether or not they guarantee halls to first years, distance from home (though being further away may be an advantage in your eyes, as it is / was in mine!) and other such relatively minor factors?
    You make some very wise points. In terms of distance they are about equal too, but I do prefer the idea of living in the south west coast to the north.
    Both guarantee halls for first years too - they're so similar! I know York has good society and club facilities, but my knowledge on Exeter's attention to this is limited.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamBrown)
    You make some very wise points. In terms of distance they are about equal too, but I do prefer the idea of living in the south west coast to the north.
    Both guarantee halls for first years too - they're so similar! I know York has good society and club facilities, but my knowledge on Exeter's attention to this is limited.
    Exeter:
    Sport: http://sport.exeter.ac.uk/studentsport/au/
    Non-sports: http://www.exeterguild.org/societies/#arts

York:
    Sport: http://www.yusu.org/sport
    Non-sports: http://www.yusu.org/activities/societies/directory

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.