Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Satta101)
    I've yet to start doing past papers which I will start shortly, you?
    Done a few,.considering I got an A in January in unit 1, I really struggle with the papers, nothing a bit of revision can't cure, although I haven't started revising for it either
    (Original post by Rubyturner94)
    my teacher hasnt even finshed the topic :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seriously? You're better off reading ahead instead of waiting for her/him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisntbobk)
    Done a few,.considering I got an A in January in unit 1, I really struggle with the papers, nothing a bit of revision can't cure, although I haven't started revising for it either

Seriously? You're better off reading ahead instead of waiting for her/him
    i feel like there ive got no time to revise, ive got my maths exams next week
    when are your naths exams?

ReputationRep:
    i feel like there ive got no time to revise, ive got my maths exams next week
    when are your naths exams?
    Don't panic about it, it won't help, just take it a day at a time, you've still got plenty of time. For maths, that's what I'm focusing on, because C1 is next Monday, S1 on the Friday and C2 the following Friday

ReputationRep:
    I've just realised how little I know for this paper. I couldn't get through a past paper

ReputationRep:
    Don't panic about it, it won't help, just take it a day at a time, you've still got plenty of time. For maths, that's what I'm focusing on, because C1 is next Monday, S1 on the Friday and C2 the following Friday
    do you do ocr mei maths?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me with this question

Proteins in a cell can be made radioactive by supplying the cell with
    radioactive amino acids. The movement of the radioactive protein within the
    cell can be traced over time.
    In an investigation, it was found that the quantity of radioactivity in the
    protein that entered the Golgi apparatus was less than that supplied to the
    cell.

Suggest three reasons for this difference.

ReputationRep:
    I am so screwed for this exam! I did unit 1 in January and mastered it to the max. But i came out with a B i requested my paper back and saw that the Grade Boundaries were WAYYY to close! But i just didn't read the questions properly the knowledge was there! I redid that paper and came out with 75/80 . I've got to retake that in 2 weeks and UNIT 2 IS A DISASTER. I've got 8 exams within 10 Days starting the next week monday 13th.

I haven't even started revising for this. Im going to have to leave it until may the 24th i have 9 days to revise just bio unit 2 for the exam on June the 3rd, does anyone have any tips on how to revise this topic and understand it quickly, like anything you recommend using or anything you recommend definitely not doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justanotherindigo)
    Can anyone help me with this question

Proteins in a cell can be made radioactive by supplying the cell with
    radioactive amino acids. The movement of the radioactive protein within the
    cell can be traced over time.
    In an investigation, it was found that the quantity of radioactivity in the
    protein that entered the Golgi apparatus was less than that supplied to the
    cell.

Suggest three reasons for this difference.
    (1) some of the radio active amino acids might decay and therefore cannot be traced.

(2) Not all the amino acids (as proteins) will enter the golgi apparatus.

(3) Some of the amino acids will leave the cell by exocytosis.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justanotherindigo)
    I've just realised how little I know for this paper. I couldn't get through a past paper
    You're not the only one, I think its a good thing tbh, so you know that even if you do understand all the content, you may not be able to answer everything. At least by looking at mark schemes, you identify yourself with the kind of answers they are looking for, most of which would be fairly obvious
    do you do ocr mei maths?
    Nope, edexcel
    (Original post by MATTTT)
    I am so screwed for this exam! I did unit 1 in January and mastered it to the max. But i came out with a B i requested my paper back and saw that the Grade Boundaries were WAYYY to close! But i just didn't read the questions properly the knowledge was there! I redid that paper and came out with 75/80 . I've got to retake that in 2 weeks and UNIT 2 IS A DISASTER. I've got 8 exams within 10 Days starting the next week monday 13th.

I haven't even started revising for this. Im going to have to leave it until may the 24th i have 9 days to revise just bio unit 2 for the exam on June the 3rd, does anyone have any tips on how to revise this topic and understand it quickly, like anything you recommend using or anything you recommend definitely not doing?
    Firstly, take a deep breath!

Best thing, forget about what happened Im January and focus on these exams. You said you mastered unit 1 content, s literally just make sure exam technique is perfected as well!

Unit 2, just make sure you understand it, and go through every past paper so you know how they word questions, and what they're looking for! You've still got time for it, so don't panic too much

ReputationRep:
    I really planned this out badly
    Mostly revising for econ unit 2 atm, which is next week friday.
    And C2 is on the 24th, then i have about 9 days to revise unit 2 ...
    Am really struggling with C2!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gimme those exams)
    I really planned this out badly
    Mostly revising for econ unit 2 atm, which is next week friday.
    And C2 is on the 24th, then i have about 9 days to revise unit 2 ...
    Am really struggling with C2!
    What I'd suggest while you have the chance is alternate between everything and when you get to like 3 days before the exam, that's when you focus solely on that exam. You do still have time for biology, I managed to read through the unit 2 section in a few hours, and that always jogs my memory, although I've been neglecting past papers, because I've been focusing on maths.

Your maths teacher should be able to go through C2 with you if you're really struggling, if not, there are a few maths threads around if you want to ask people for help

ReputationRep:
    What I'd suggest while you have the chance is alternate between everything and when you get to like 3 days before the exam, that's when you focus solely on that exam. You do still have time for biology, I managed to read through the unit 2 section in a few hours, and that always jogs my memory, although I've been neglecting past papers, because I've been focusing on maths.

Your maths teacher should be able to go through C2 with you if you're really struggling, if not, there are a few maths threads around if you want to ask people for help
    Hi Bob, thanks for the answer. I Meant Unit 2!! not C2. Maths should be no problem whatsoever. But Bio is stressing me. Cant be bothered with it at the moment somehow. And If I think back I really revised a lot for BIO1 and ended up with just an A. Now I have much less time, but I still want to get an A

ReputationRep:
    Hi Bob, thanks for the answer. I Meant Unit 2!! not C2. Maths should be no problem whatsoever. But Bio is stressing me. Cant be bothered with it at the moment somehow. And If I think back I really revised a lot for BIO1 and ended up with just an A. Now I have much less time, but I still want to get an A
    Oh right, that makes more sense. Is there anything in particular that's bothering you with this unit? I think in terms of content, it's much easier than unit 1, but the questions are much harder, so practice is key as always. You know it's possible to get an A even though the grade boundaries were so high, you managed it last time, so you can manage it again, just try to go over everything and it shouldn't be a problem.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! There was one question on Jan 2013 bio unit 2- '' explain why it is better to store seeds rather than keeping fully grown plants for the long term conservation of rare plant species? ''
    I thought the question was like a suggestion question so i combined my knowledge of benefits of seed storage and also wrote down why it will be good for RARE species. I got 0 in this question because the answer was just the general description of why it is better to store seeds. So how will we understand when to write the general description and when to take it as a suggestion question and combine your knowledge with suggestion?

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, that makes more sense. Is there anything in particular that's bothering you with this unit? I think in terms of content, it's much easier than unit 1, but the questions are much harder, so practice is key as always. You know it's possible to get an A even though the grade boundaries were so high, you managed it last time, so you can manage it again, just try to go over everything and it shouldn't be a problem.
    I ´guess I still can. But what kind of revision would you recommend when the knowledge isnt that good in order to already start past papers.
    Do you think going over The "Markscheme Notes" from Assasin is a good start to make notes exactly on what examiners want.
    Or would you recommend going over the syllabus, answering each statement in detail?
    I guess the "Markscheme Notes" are kind of more chaotic, but what's in it might be the most effective way to revise for me?

ReputationRep:
    I ´guess I still can. But what kind of revision would you recommend when the knowledge isnt that good in order to already start past papers.
    Do you think going over The "Markscheme Notes" from Assasin is a good start to make notes exactly on what examiners want.
    Or would you recommend going over the syllabus, answering each statement in detail?
    I guess the "Markscheme Notes" are kind of more chaotic, but what's in it might be the most effective way to revise for me?
    I wouldn't reccomend going over the syllabus unless you actually feel it'll be useful, a lot of people see it as a waste of time, and I know it wouldn't help me at all. I think Assassin's notes are a great place to start as they do cover what you actually need to know in a very concise manner, although, you may not find it works for you, I'd say combine the two, look at the syllabus, check if you can answer it, if not, check Assassin's notes, and yo should find it aids

ReputationRep:
    what i do is:

past papers
    fill up knowledge
    markscheme
    rinse and repeat.

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have the jan 2013 paper ?

We can do a trade for a 2013 paper I have

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MATTTT)

Honestly it was a bad decision to retake unit 1, you got a B which is good for your first attempt.

In addition the coursework will push up your grade as well as the unit 2 exam that would have pushed up your grade

But each to their own I suppose

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant feeling doing my first past paper and getting 18 marks lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.