some of my friends finish tomorrow.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jojo1616)
    Do all the new syllabus, not that many

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    We don't have to know the apoplast pathway and symplast pathway (movement of water through the roots) or epistasis right? Because my teacher taught me them however they weren't in the syllabus. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ALevel96)
    i believe you got 120 ums in unit 1..
    Can I ask you how you take notes, how you prepare for the exam, how long before the exam, and stuff please

(Original post by The Assassin)
    Haha cool. I'm in the process of making them now. They should be done within a week or so :-)
    What unit 1 notes? Have you posted them on here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevsamuel)
    We don't have to know the apoplast pathway and symplast pathway (movement of water through the roots) or epistasis right? Because my teacher taught me them however they weren't in the syllabus. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

thanks
    Nope you don't

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hey
    what's the difference between accurate, reliable and valid? I get so confused by these and end up losing marks:')
    Also does anyone else think the grade boundaries are ridiculously high for this exam?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know but, does anyone have unit 2 notes that can be reposted? Or maybe a link?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Updated version.
    These were brilliant, thank you! [Page 4 of the thread, first post]

Might put mine up a bit later, I basically wrote perfect answers to all the 2+ mark questions from past papers based on the mark schemes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student55)
    hey
    what's the difference between accurate, reliable and valid? I get so confused by these and end up losing marks:')
    Also does anyone else think the grade boundaries are ridiculously high for this exam?
    What is the average mark for an A? I've only done one paper so far and I got 64 which was an A

Valid - Does the test measure what it is set out to measure? Is everything being controlled?
    Reliable - If you repeat the experiment, will you get the same results? Can the results be replicated?
    Accurate - Are the results close to the true/expected value?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 344302)
    What is the average mark for an A? I've only done one paper so far and I got 64 which was an A

Valid - Does the test measure what it is set out to measure? Is everything being controlled?
    Reliable - If you repeat the experiment, will you get the same results? Can the results be replicated?
    Accurate - Are the results close to the true/expected value?
    Thank you!

Well January 2013, it was 49 just for an E, and 56 for a C. 64 was an A:/
    It just seems really high compared to all my other subjects where half or just over is a C!

ReputationRep:
    Hey does anyone know where to find Past papers in WORD FORMAT for this unit? My school has blocked the printing of PDFs! I'd be really grateful if anyone could upload past papers in word format or send me a link...thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Here it is

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubyturner94)
    Here it is

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What do you have to do for question e?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JRN-95)
    What do you have to do for question e?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That was the one i was stuck on but now i get it. When hydrochloric acid (HCl) reacts with an alcohol it produces a chloroalkane. So that is where one of the chlorines go. The OH is substitued with a Cl.
    Another HCL will react with the double bond in an electrophilic addition reaction. There will be two isomes because the Cl could end up on carbon 2 in the double bond or carbon 3. That is why there is two possible products. Hope i helped.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That was the one i was stuck on but now i get it. When hydrochloric acid (HCl) reacts with an alcohol it produces a chloroalkane. So that is where one of the chlorines go. The OH is substitued with a Cl.
    Another HCL will react with the double bond in an electrophilic addition reaction. There will be two isomes because the Cl could end up on carbon 2 in the double bond or carbon 3. That is why there is two possible products. Hope i helped.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I understand it a bit better now now
    but just one question where does the other HCl come from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JRN-95)
    Yeah I understand it a bit better now now
    but just one question where does the other HCl come from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Its like the reaction with bromine water. The alkene is placed in HCl or vice versa. Then they react.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Its like the reaction with bromine water. The alkene is placed in HCl or vice versa. Then they react.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That makes sense now thanks btw what year was this paper ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.