Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisntbobk)
    I was just reading through the notes and realised a little mistake. On page 4, in the table, you've got the mitosis and meiosis information mixed up.
    Oops, yes you're right. Wrote them in wrong

Updated version.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx Edexcel bio 2 notes.docx (644.5 KB, 1681 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)

Updated version.
    Ahh, anyone could easily do it thank you though!

ReputationRep:
    If anybody has an android phone, I found this app, which I thought was absolutely brilliant https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....level.biology
    I'm not sure whether its available for other OS' but I think for revision, its great, and it covers both AS & A2, and also has core practical sections.

Cool app (but unfortunately it lacks unit 7 material ).
    Got an app for Chemistry also? :hugs:

ReputationRep:

Updated version.
    Assassin those notes are amazing!
    I used your notes for unit 1 aswell as the cgp book and Ann fullick book a little but i came out with a B. That paper wasn't even that bad! I was just wondering on how you and BOBK revise as you two seem to be geniuses getting full UMS.

I understand you make notes and things but what do you do to memorise and get the information into your head? and how do you work on your application to questions (test papers obviously) but do you like do them with the mark schemes or straight off your head, corrections etc.. Please help me if you can i really want to do well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MATTTT)
    Assassin those notes are amazing!
    I used your notes for unit 1 aswell as the cgp book and Ann fullick book a little but i came out with a B. That paper wasn't even that bad! I was just wondering on how you and BOBK revise as you two seem to be geniuses getting full UMS.

I understand you make notes and things but what do you do to memorise and get the information into your head? and how do you work on your application to questions (test papers obviously) but do you like do them with the mark schemes or straight off your head, corrections etc.. Please help me if you can i really want to do well.
    I actually didn't get full UMS I got 108/120 (90% UMS) but I think the key to everything is actually making sure you understand, its not easy for everyone, but I found the best way for me to revise was to do past papers, and just ask and answer extremely challenging questions with my friends, that way, you know how you should go about answering questions.

As for the graph questions, I only lost a total of 1 mark in them in the January exam, so all I can advise, and what I did was include as much as you can for those, they can't penalise you for information that isn't relavent which is correct.

I wouldn't say notes are too important if you don't know how to actually use them, best way I did it was to write down essentials and highlight key terminology, colour can be a very effective way of revising.

With past papers, always do them under exam conditions, it kind of gets you used to the pressure, and be strict with your marking after, if you don't get a marking point, go to your teachers, or ask on here, then you're more likely to be prepared if a similar question comes up.

Hope I've helped

ReputationRep:

Updated version.
    You have chemistry notes for unit 2?

And those notes are marking scheme answers, isn't it?
    I was preparing to go through the marking schemes and learning all those answers, so I could skipped that and use your notes no? Does it cover all the answers from 2008 specimen to Jan 2013??
    If yes you saved me about a week !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE)
    Cool app (but unfortunately it lacks unit 7 material ).
    Got an app for Chemistry also? :hugs:
    Haha thank you, and yeah, I know, they focus more on the exam content, they don't cover unit 3 either.

And nope, I'm sorry, I haven't seen any good chemistry ones as of yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubyturner94)
    you guys wont guess where we are we just finished first topic, cancer etc and just started looking at species

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We still have 3.3, 3.4, 4.3 and 4,4 to cover

ReputationRep:
    I actually didn't get full UMS I got 108/120 (90% UMS) but I think the key to everything is actually making sure you understand, its not easy for everyone, but I found the best way for me to revise was to do past papers, and just ask and answer extremely challenging questions with my friends, that way, you know how you should go about answering questions.

As for the graph questions, I only lost a total of 1 mark in them in the January exam, so all I can advise, and what I did was include as much as you can for those, they can't penalise you for information that isn't relavent which is correct.

I wouldn't say notes are too important if you don't know how to actually use them, best way I did it was to write down essentials and highlight key terminology, colour can be a very effective way of revising.

With past papers, always do them under exam conditions, it kind of gets you used to the pressure, and be strict with your marking after, if you don't get a marking point, go to your teachers, or ask on here, then you're more likely to be prepared if a similar question comes up.

Hope I've helped
    this.

ReputationRep:
    hey has everyone started revision feel like i'm behind already lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sky2)
    So so. I started revising by condensing my notes then ended up with a page full of drawings, I'm so easily distracted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sky2)
    So so. I started revising by condensing my notes then ended up with a page full of drawings, I'm so easily distracted
    Nope LOL. Been revising long and hard for chem, physics and maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolRunner)
    Nope LOL. Been revising long and hard for chem, physics and maths.
    (Original post by sky2)
    oh i thought i was the only one behind, this has made me feel better lol, i havent started revision yet :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone please explain to me gametogenesis in plants? Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    havent started revising yet.
    Assasin, your notes look fantastic again. Thank you so much for it, gonna work off the syllabus statements now with your notes

ReputationRep:
    So am I but its good, it gives you more time for revision.

I have 4 biology lessons a week.. not sure if that's enough
    wow, we have six! And we have finished the course actually already.
    Can you someone link or put in the Unit 2 Syllabus with the Statements. Seem to have lost mine
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gimme those exams)
    wow, we have six! And we have finished the course actually already.
    Can you someone link or put in the Unit 2 Syllabus with the Statements. Seem to have lost mine
    Thanks
    i have 3 lessons a week

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubyturner94)
    i have 3 lessons a week

Posted from TSR Mobile
    are you on a public school?

ReputationRep:
    Alright, after revising biology and taking notes to the point where I've almost become mentally unstable, the notes are done.

These are all mark schemes either taken from Edexcel papers, ranging from 2001 all the way till 2013. Some topics were taken from other exam boards because there weren't questions in the (recent) past papers for Edexcel regarding them. Others were taken from mark schemes in books. Some may find this useless some helpful, but I hope you all make good use of these!

Please note that whilst this should cover the majority of topics, it doesn't cover everything! There are some things that are mentioned in the official Edexcel textbook that I was unable to re-create in mark scheme form because I couldn't really find any - one of them is epistasis. Furthermore they don't cover HSW so you'll have to practice and revise from the official Edexcel book for that. Lastly, while I did include diagrams relevant to the topic not every single is included. Don't rely on this solely!

Let me know if you guys want something important added...

Do you have the same notes for Unit 1 that i will be able to revise from if possible please! )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gimme those exams)
    are you on a public school?
    yh :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.