Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    got 64 but cud hv got 66 .... coz i deducted 2 marks for my answer in these two questions...am not sure if i can get them or not so anybody please help.....Name:  works1.JPG
Views: 135
Size:  42.3 KBName:  works2.JPG
Views: 134
Size:  29.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolRunner)
    My school found unit 1 hard this june. i'm sure if you got 65 thats defo be an A.
    thanks for that, really hope you're right. just gotta try harder for unit 2

ReputationRep:
    any one out thereee?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by branny101)
    i too have two more exams to revise for but try to keep it a part of your schedule at least, its worth it :d

posted from tsr mobile
    good luck! Looks like u can hit 120 ums!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel Atieh)
    got 64 but cud hv got 66 .... coz i deducted 2 marks for my answer in these two questions...am not sure if i can get them or not so anybody please help.....Name:  works1.JPG
Views: 135
Size:  42.3 KBName:  works2.JPG
Views: 134
Size:  29.2 KB
    Well I guess you'll lose both the marks
    1) you have defined what binomial nomenclature does without going on to the advantages
    2) assuming the radioactive material was amino acids you should explain how the amino acids passed through the double membrane (facilitated diffusion) not random. Therefore they came there for a reason. They are asking you what is that reason. Its a reason .

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I need some advice, I'm planning on dedicating today for biology only but how should I go about it?
    Should I do past papers straight away or read my notes or what.
    I'm not sure how to go about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iloveleonardo)
    Hey guys I need some advice, I'm planning on dedicating today for biology only but how should I go about it?
    go through the papers and reports ... then at the end just read the notes once or twice...also if u can skim through the text book (detailed one) that wud be even better coz it contains some extra info which ll help u!
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Read the specification first. After every point go through your notes about that point. Then do the past papers with timing and thereafter correct your answers yourself using the marking scheme. Read the examiners report after marking. Learn all what you don't know,ask for help here if needed. Meanwhile write down any exam technique you think you must remember and read them through just before the exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    StUdEnTIGCSE is it good idea to go through the text book? like the green one?

ReputationRep:
    Always when i want to collect my all problems/doubt, i feel like go n study chem/phy .... lots of pressure ...my mind blew already haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel Atieh)
    StUdEnTIGCSE is it good idea to go through the text book? like the green one?
    Only if your doing the exam next year
    Lol, now its too late going through any textbook really..
    Depends on your time available.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What exactly is a prokarayotic cell, is it a bacteria? Also is a eukarayotic cell both animal and plant cells as well?
    Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    What exactly is a prokarayotic cell, is it a bacteria? Also is a eukarayotic cell both animal and plant cells as well?
    Thanks in advance
    Well organisms fall under three domains (the largest group of organisms) . Archae, true bacteria and eukaryotes. Archae and true bacteria was previously classed as prokaryotes. There are many differences between a prokaryotic cell and an eukaryotic cell. Prokaryotes are smaller, have no organised nucleus, no membrane bound organelles, no mitachondria, no chloroplast, no cellulose cell wall(bacteria has a peptidoglycan cell wall), no centrioles or microtubules.....
    and yes plant and animal cells are both eukaryotic. But they have loads of differences. Plant cells have cell walls,vacoules,chloroplast,amylo plasts, piths, and between the plant cells there are middle lamella, plasmodesmata.

A famous question is "Name two structures in a cell that shows it to be both a plant cell and an eukaryotic one". It can be cellulose cell wall or chloroplast.

All these we must know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=CoolRunner;42871999]Glad to help! (even though bobk was doing most of the helping )

Great! Thank you!

Aww, I wish i could, but ill probs get banned from here :|

ok no probs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE)
    Well organisms fall under three domains (the largest group of organisms) . Archae, true bacteria and eukaryotes. Archae and true bacteria was previously classed as prokaryotes. There are many differences between a prokaryotic cell and an eukaryotic cell. Prokaryotes are smaller, have no organised nucleus, no membrane bound organelles, no mitachondria, no chloroplast, no cellulose cell wall(bacteria has a peptidoglycan cell wall), no centrioles or microtubules.....
    and yes plant and animal cells are both eukaryotic. But they have loads of differences. Plant cells have cell walls,vacoules,chloroplast,amylo plasts, piths, and between the plant cells there are middle lamella, plasmodesmata.

A famous question is "Name two structures in a cell that shows it to be both a plant cell and an eukaryotic one". It can be cellulose cell wall or chloroplast.

All these we must know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, but when you say chloroplast do you mean that it's also present in the eukaryotic cell?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE)

All these we must know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hi can you tell me.what exactly we habe to.know about tje domains and the kingdoms?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How does protein modification take place in prokaryotes, since they don't have a golgi apparatus or rER?
    I doubt we have to know this, but still...

ReputationRep:
    Do we really need to know about epistasis?

ReputationRep:
    Did the Jan 2010 paper and managed to get full ums. Quite surprising as I lost 13 marks and it wasn't a particularly challenging exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justanotherindigo)
    Do we really need to know about epistasis?
    nahh :no:

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.