Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now
    • Welcome Squad

(Original post by mynameisntbobk)
    It doesn't really.. although it's the total number of species represented by a collection of individuals
    Oh, ok.. Thanks! Again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acer0951)
    Its basically when you ensure that the experiment is conducted under sterile conditions so for the garlic and mint anti microbial properties it was basically to ensure that petri dishes containing the micro organisms were not completely opened to prevent contamination.
    ok thankss everyone! it just isnt clear from the mark schemes...

ReputationRep:
    Jan 13 paper is daamn easy! got 72! made some stupid mistakes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubyturner94)
    thanks Bobk
    ps: its ironic how a few of us on here call you Bobk yet in your TSR name it says mynameisntbobK

Posted from TSR Mobile
    LOL!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Randy123)
    could someone please explain biodiversity hotspot to me
    It's an area which is particularly rich in different species.

ReputationRep:
    any one help me here pleaseeeeeee Name:  whyy.JPG
Views: 108
Size:  46.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a list of all the definitions we need to know for Biodiversity?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staraz)
    All i can say is... I wish i found this sooner!
    Hi, just to let you know there is an updated version of this revision note on page 4 of this thread.

ReputationRep:
    no problem

haha I never mind tbh, only used the name to annoy my friend (who's nickname was Bob )
    hahha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevsamuel)
    Does anyone have a list of all the definitions we need to know for Biodiversity?

thanks
    Biodiversity
    · Variety of living organisms in an area

Species diversity
    · Number of different species (in an area)
    · Abundance of each species (in an area)

Genetic diversity
    · Variation of alleles within a species

Species richness
    · the number of species ;
    · in {an area /one location /habitat} ;

Endemic
    · idea that the ( species / eq ) is restricted in its distribution / species only found in one specific { location / area / eq }

Habitat
    · The area in which an organism lives
    (i got these definitions from the revision notes which were posted on the 4th page of this thread)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel Atieh)
    Jan 13 paper is daamn easy! got 72! made some stupid mistakes
    I know! it was so easy! i hope thats why the boundaries were so high, because the jump in grade boundaries there is just uncomfortable XD

ReputationRep:
    Do we have to know Disruptive, Directional and Stabilising Selection?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurraiyo)
    I know! it was so easy! i hope thats why the boundaries were so high, because the jump in grade boundaries there is just uncomfortable XD
    tbh ... 65 for that paper was very fair .... for our paper i thnk it ll be from 58-63 in this range hopefully

ReputationRep:
    tbh ... 65 for that paper was very fair .... for our paper i thnk it ll be from 58-63 in this range hopefully
    Yeah it was but I hope it goes down this session (at least for Unit 1 because I found it terrible XD)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurraiyo)
    Yeah it was but I hope it goes down this session (at least for Unit 1 because I found it terrible XD)
    u did coursework or 6bio7?

ReputationRep:
    u did coursework or 6bio7?
    6BI07..im an international student that paper was terrible as well lol at least for me .__.

ReputationRep:
    I think there will be a lot of topic 3 emphasis this time, so this may well make grade boundaries a bit lower this time. Unit 1 grade boundaries in January were absolutely ridiculous...

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I probably won't be here tomorrow, so in case I don't come back before the exam, Good Luck everyone! Really hope it goes well for us all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevsamuel)
    Do we have to know Disruptive, Directional and Stabilising Selection?
    Nope
    half the things in things in that bloody snab student book you don't need to know...

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I probably won't be here tomorrow, so in case I don't come back before the exam, Good Luck everyone! Really hope it goes well for us all
    Thanks mate. Good luck to you too!

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.