Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubyturner94)
    wish that the january 2013 was our paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yea it was kinda easy :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimmykim1)
    why there are regulating authorities for human embryo research?
    -decide on the maximum age for embryos uses in research
    -decide if the source of stem cell is acceptable
    -stop cloning of humans
    -make sure that there is no unneccasary repeatings of research
    -have codes of practice and guidlines and ensure all scientists work in a similar manner.
    hope this helped

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    can someone please help me with this question The tip of the growing pollen tube releases digestive enzymes in the style. Suggest the role of these digestive enzymes in the growth of the pollen tube. thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badass_geek)
    Could someone help me understand the structure of a plant cell is-
    What is a primary/secondary wall?

thanks
    the primary cell wall is thin and flexible. it's formed while the cell is growing.

the secondary cell wall forms after the cell has finished growing. it's more thick compared to the primary wall and has more lignin which makes it stronger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubyturner94)
    you have to talk about the protein traficking. the whole thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey,
    so i think its gene expression?
    1. triggered by chemicals
    2. some genes are active, others are left inactive
    3. so the active ones are transcribed
    4. which produce proteins
    5. these proteins can then control cell processes

Wait no, im wrong whoopsiess! sorry!
    It's ok I've got it:

1. Proteins are released from the ribosomes
    2. it then enters rer, which is then packaged into vesicles which are transported to golgi body
    3. protein becomes modified (added carb)
    4. package into vesicle again, gylcoprotien becomes part of vesicle membrane which eventually fuses with cell surface membrane
    Thanks for the help though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newyork newyork)
    can someone please help me with this question The tip of the growing pollen tube releases digestive enzymes in the style. Suggest the role of these digestive enzymes in the growth of the pollen tube. thank you
    the digestive enzymes digest the surrounding cell so the pollen tube can reach the embryo sac

ReputationRep:
    ooh, um, well I have one point?
    the enzymes are needed to digest the path of the pollen tube down the style to get to the embryo sac.

ReputationRep:
    so worried for this exam does anybody have an idea of what might come up???

ReputationRep:
    They break down the middle lamella/pectin, they digest/break down the style, make a pathway for the pollen tube
    Hope it helps

ReputationRep:
    In the plant cell wall, what do the pectin/ hemi*something* do? Does it hold two different cells together?

ReputationRep:
    For temperatures above 30 celcius why would the growth of pathogenic bacteria be encouraged ?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    In the plant cell wall, what do the pectin/ hemi*something* do? Does it hold two different cells together?
    Pretty much, it's like glue

ReputationRep:
    is there a way of remembering the classification rankings?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maryam1996)
    For temperatures above 30 celcius why would the growth of pathogenic bacteria be encouraged ?
    Thanks
    I don't think you have to necessarily know why, incubation above 37C is human body temperature and could also encourage the growth of pathogenic bacteria. It just knowing why we prefer to incubate at 25C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vivaviolin77)
    Kinky people can often find great sex... my biology teacher had an interesting imagination

ReputationRep:
    Cant remember the question but the answer said something about breaking down the middle lamella, does anyone know what importance this would have, would it merge the cells together?

(Never mind I got it now)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaayBiology)
    Kinky people can often find great sex... my biology teacher had an interesting imagination
    lol
    thanks
    i can definitely rememebr that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vivaviolin77)
    What the hell is classification rankings? Oh my gosh I haven't heard of it! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know the equation for percentage increase?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whostolemycookie)
    What the hell is classification rankings? Oh my gosh I haven't heard of it! :eek:
    basically the different taxons

Kingdom
    Phylum
    Class
    Order
    Family
    Genus
    Species

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.