Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel Atieh)
    pleeease examples of pluripotent totipotent and multipotent cells

(Original post by justanotherindigo)
    Totipotent stem cells: any cell before blastocyst stage.
    Pluripotent: Anything apart from extraembryonic cells (the placenta)
    Multipotent: adult stem cells (in bone marrow)
    becarful about Multipotent cell
    Multipotent Stem Cells
    These stem cells have the ability to differentiate into a limited number of specialized cell types. Multipotent stem cells typically develop into any cell of a particular group or type. For example, bone marrow stem cells can produce any type of blood cell. However, bone marrow cells don't produce heart cells. Adult stem cells and umbilical cord stem cells are examples of multipotent cells.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kelvinbeyioku)
    i may seem a bit ignorant, but what is a hsw question?
    It's one of those questions that make you apply your knowledge on a topic. The question isn't asked in a straightforward way, you need to think 'outside the box' in a sense. Hope this makes sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paperclip345)
    Quick question - what is the difference in structure between the primary cell wall and the secondary cell wall?
    p.cell wall has pits s.cell wall doesn't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramanan)
    becarful about Multipotent cell
    Multipotent Stem Cells
    These stem cells have the ability to differentiate into a limited number of specialized cell types. Multipotent stem cells typically develop into any cell of a particular group or type. For example, bone marrow stem cells can produce any type of blood cell. However, bone marrow cells don't produce heart cells. Adult stem cells and umbilical cord stem cells are examples of multipotent cells.
    Ah right, thanks for the clarification! Also, another limitation of multipotent cells is the fact that it isn't flexible as embryonic stem cells.

ReputationRep:
    Quick question - what is the difference in structure between the primary cell wall and the secondary cell wall?
    primary cell wall - thin/ flexible
    secondary thick/hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justanotherindigo)
    It's one of those questions that make you apply your knowledge on a topic. The question isn't asked in a straightforward way, you need to think 'outside the box' in a sense. Hope this makes sense
    cheers , hopefully we get very few

ReputationRep:
    i may seem a bit ignorant, but what is a hsw question?
    it's kind of like applying what u studied in text to certain issue or cases

ReputationRep:
    cheers , hopefully we get very few
    Hopefully! There were loads in June 2012 paper

ReputationRep:
    going to sleep it's 12.40 a.m in my place:sleep::sleep:
    gud luk everyone :goodluck::goodluck::happy2::happy2:
    hope i login in the morng

ReputationRep:
    primary cell wall - thin/ flexible
    secondary thick/hard
    How about the way cellulose microfibrils are arranged?

ReputationRep:
    What's the difference between the arrangement of cellulose microfibrils in primary cell wall and the arrangement of cellulose microfibrils in secondary cell wall. Please someone help me i'm so confused, Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maryam1996)
    What's the difference between the arrangement of cellulose microfibrils in primary cell wall and the arrangement of cellulose microfibrils in secondary cell wall. Please someone help me i'm so confused, Thank you
    In the primary cell wall, they are arranged at differeng angles in a net like arrangement. in the secondary they are arranged going in one direction so no net like arrangement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramanan)
    going to sleep it's 12.40 a.m in my place:sleep::sleep:
    gud luk everyone :goodluck::goodluck::happy2::happy2:
    hope i login in the morng
    Best of luck to you too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubyturner94)
    In the primary cell wall, they are arranged at differeng angles in a net like arrangement. in the secondary they are arranged going in one direction so no net like arrangement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So in a primary cell wall are they arranged in like a criss-cross shape, and Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    How about the way cellulose microfibrils are arranged?
    beta glucose with 1,4 glycosidic bonds between each form a cellulose chain then in between the chains there are hydrogen bonds forming a cellulose microfibule

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maryam1996)
    So in a primary cell wall are they arranged in like a criss-cross shape, and Thank you so much!
    yh they are
    your welcome

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    do we need to know about switching off and on genes in both prokaryotes and eukaryotes or is it the same?
    Cheers for the help.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone knows how to answer these questions:

Explain how a phenotype is the result of an interaction between genotype and the environment

Explain how to measure biodiversity within a habitat using species richness.

Explain how to measure biodiversity within a species using genetic diversity.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain what a niche is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Branny101)
    Can someone explain what a niche is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A niche is the role of a species in an ecosystem

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.