Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 344302)
    Interphase.

Clever me decided to put S?? What was going through my mind

I was even disputing changing it to g1 or g2 but I knew it was interphase but I don't know what threw me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha I put that also

ReputationRep:
    For the cellulose question it had:

Made up of a-glucose
    1-4 glycosidic links
    1-6 glycosidic links
    hydrogen bonds

If we're assuming by microfibril it meant between microfibrils, the only boxes ticked should be 1-4 glycosidic links for cellulose and hydrogen bonds for microfibrils.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billyfisher100)
    All I can remember is peer review for Woese... I hope I didn't miss out a question or something DO you mean the one about taxonomy?
    Yes that question

ReputationRep:
    Yup all I could think about was the zona pellucida hardening and then the sperm nucleus only entering ..

And then I threw in that they fuse and make a zygote in hope of desperate marks,

What did u put for reintroduction into the wild?

And also, the Zoo question was specifically asking about genetic diversity wasn't it? .. Oh ****

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I talked about cortical vesicles causing zona pellucida to harden to prevent polyspermy in detail and rambled on a little bit about the acrosome reaction.

ReputationRep:
    I stupidly ticked 1-6 bond for the cellulose micro fibrils so I will get 3/4. For that question

ReputationRep:
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubyturner94)
    i put interphase ,

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i put interphase too!

it is interphase!! because the arrow pointed to the nucleus area of the one cell,

i originally put cytokinesis because the diagram was so bad, so i looked at the cell above and thought this is cytokinesis, then crossed it out thinking it that cant be right because the cells tooooo big and its more likely to be interphase because in cytokinesis , the cells wont be that big will they?

and the arrow points to one nucleus, if it was cytokinesis, surely its more sensible to point to the middle of the cell or something :/

idk, hope it was interphase tho :P

ReputationRep:
    i put interphase ,

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was interphase wasn't it?

All the clever kids at my school wrote interphase. All the other ones were crying about writing cytokinesis

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viyas07)
    i put interphase too!

it is interphase!! because the arrow pointed to the nucleus area of the one cell,

i originally put cytokinesis because the diagram was so bad, so i looked at the cell above and thought this is cytokinesis, then crossed it out thinking it that cant be right because the cells tooooo big and its more likely to be interphase because in cytokinesis , the cells wont be that big will they?

and the arrow points to one nucleus, if it was cytokinesis, surely its more sensible to point to the middle of the cell or something :/

idk, hope it was interphase tho :P
    what was your reasoning?:/ it said explain you answer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meehar17)
    Yes that question
    For critical evaluation, I wrote peer review for other scientists to replicate Woese's method to check its accuracy as well as checking his results for plagiarism/bias in a scientific journal.

ReputationRep:
    was it interphase?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah! The diagram wasn't even clear. I didn't see no cytoplasmic division going on. Maybe they looked at another cell? It just saw a round cell with nothing visible just a nucleus if I remember correctly.

Can someone just tell me what they wrote for the last one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maybe edexcel will accept either cytoplasmic division or interphase, because it could be two separate cells, but it looked like cell plate formation, as it was plant cells.

ReputationRep:
    for the last question i put:
    changes to the environment
    limited food sources
    deseases
    :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For the diagram, did you say metaphase and anaphase for the two phases?

ReputationRep:
    what was your reasoning?:/ it said explain you answer

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i wasn't sure , but i just put something along the lines of "synthesis phase is occuring, replication of dna is occuring, and growth of proteins and new organelles and histone proteins happen too as it could be going through g1 or g2 "
    i blabbed more than necessary because they wont mark negatively...hopefully :P
    hopefully it'll jus say "ignore..." to whatever you dont need

ReputationRep:
    for the last question i put:
    changes to the environment
    limited food sources
    deseases
    :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I put competition among other organisms of the same species in the same niche (probably not on the mark scheme), disturbance from humans and limited food sources due to the pesticides being used to kill their main food source.

ReputationRep:
    i hope ive scraped an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah! The diagram wasn't even clear. I didn't see no cytoplasmic division going on. Maybe they looked at another cell? It just saw a round cell with nothing visible just a nucleus if I remember correctly.

Can someone just tell me what they wrote for the last one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

not really sure whether i'm right but I put competition for food, competition for space and predation. All 3 will determine survival rates but it's whether it's the information they're asking for.

ReputationRep:
    The last question was
    -reduced food source
    -Habitat loss
    -Unable to express natural behavior as they were raised in captivity

The question was asking for 'factors that affect their chance of survival' or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billyfisher100)
    I talked about cortical vesicles causing zona pellucida to harden to prevent polyspermy in detail and rambled on a little bit about the acrosome reaction.
    Completely skipped my mind. Lol jk I didn't even know about them. I just heard about them in lesson whilst day dreaming. Thought it would be irrelevant because mark schemes have never really talked about it in specific

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.