Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I received my grades today for my exams, I was really proud of my results I achieved- except for geography.
    I am predicted an a*, and geography being one of my strongest subjects, I was confident I could get that, however I got a B (47 UMS).
    It wasn't just me, others people in my school were predicted a/a*'s got D,C' and low B's. People who were predicted D/C'S and don't really care about education even got B/A's!
    I have heard of inconsistency in marking for DME'S, is it possible to get my paper called back and remarked?
    Also, if my grade doesn't change what would I need in the themes paper for an a* in geography (I got 23/24 and 35/36 in my c/w)

I hope I don't sound arrogant; thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I also took the Exam on 21st January and am to predicted an A* took the exam and got the same as you 47, which I understand is 1 ums Mark off an A.

In my school too people got similar grades to what you mentioned, A* students coming out with C's ETC.

I have already looked into getting paper back/remarked but I doubt schools will let it. They have to agree, the best option is probably the resit on June 4th on Natural Hazards.

But you're luckier than me I got 18/24 in C/W and 32/36 in the other.

Jack

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.