Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hello guys,

Hope your results went well!! i just need some advice. Completely flopped my biology i had to retake the june one as a got a U (F212), can't believe i got a U again. F213 we sat in jan got a U in that also. These are my grades right now:

Basically i have no hope of even getting a E let alone a B as my teacher said.I revised the book and did past papers, do u guys have any other method to bloody pass biology as there has to be something wrong in what im doing that or im just plain dumb in this subject

I'm really sorry to hear about your results. You are not stupid. The best advice is to recall your papers and see what went wrong. I did this last year - it turned out I knew the stuff really well, but my exam technique was awful. I do past papers and make detailed notes I stick around my room and recite to myself daily. By F213 do you mean F214? As F213 is AS coursework. Don't worry, last year I got an E on that module (I'm resitting Year 13) and my c/w went badly in general - I got an E and a D I think. This time around I got a B on F214 and my AS c/w is on a strong A. I'm just slow at grasping new exam techniques. Go through markschemes and see what awards you marks as slightly different phrases will cost you - I learnt this the hard way in Chemistry.
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.