The Student Room Group

will childline listen to me because im depressed about my results

or is it a bit of a pathetic thing to do i am 18

Scroll to see replies

Being depressed is nothing to feel 'pathetic' about. But are you really depressed or just the fact that you did not get the grades you want and just feeling bit of a downer? Let it all out on here and people will help and give advice if you want it :biggrin:
Reply 2
I'll listen to you if you want
This seems like a thing for the Samaritans, not childline.
Reply 4
As a DEPRESSED INDIVIDUAL I find the use of these services in general somewhat pathetic.

MAN UP, BOY.
Sure they will.
They aren't going to laugh at you or hang up the phone anything...
Reply 6
It's not pathetic, but I don't think childline is the best number to call for this situation; they're more able to deal with issues such as bullying. Especially if you're worrying about them treating you like a child, then call a general depression helpline. Dealing with disappointment is a more mature problem than childline are likely to be trained to deal with. For example, SupportLine: 01708 765200
Reply 7
Original post by Joel R
It's not pathetic, but I don't think childline is the best number to call for this situation; they're more able to deal with issues such as bullying. Especially if you're worrying about them treating you like a child, then call a general depression helpline. Dealing with disappointment is a more mature problem than childline are likely to be trained to deal with. For example, SupportLine: 01708 765200

is it free to call?
Reply 8
They will listen to any problem
If you feel you need to talk to someone, and you can't talk to anyone else, then yeah :smile:

But there's nothing to be depressed about. It depends on what you were planning to do next, and you might need to change those plans, but there's plenty of options out there. If it means talking to childline to make yourself feel better then do that. However, seeing as you are technically an adult, it might be best to talk to someone else.
Reply 10
Original post by carrotstar
If you feel you need to talk to someone, and you can't talk to anyone else, then yeah :smile:

But there's nothing to be depressed about. It depends on what you were planning to do next, and you might need to change those plans, but there's plenty of options out there. If it means talking to childline to make yourself feel better then do that. However, seeing as you are technically an adult, it might be best to talk to someone else.

childline is up to and including 18 so i have the right
Reply 11
Original post by heirloom
I'll listen to you if you want

i feel sad because i failed most of my exams and im a2
Reply 12
Original post by penguinsrcool
i feel sad because i failed most of my exams and im a2

I'm kind of in the same boat. All of my friends are at uni and its only me left in Manchester. I currently have three B's but need at least one A to get into uni. Tried to do that with jan exams and didnt improve on my overall marks. So I've decided after wallowing in self pity for a bit to pick myself up and start again by listening to Shuffle by BBC on repeat. Maybe you should find some upbeat music to listen to
Reply 13
I'm kind of in the same boat. All of my friends are at uni and its only me left in Manchester. I currently have three B's but need at least one A to get into uni. Tried to do that with jan exams and didnt improve on my overall marks. So I've decided after wallowing in self pity for a bit to pick myself up and start again by listening to Shuffle by BBC on repeat. Maybe you should find some upbeat music to listen to

i'd rather listen to some depressing and abusive heavy metal or rap
The fact is: you're going to die. You can die with good A level results. You can die with poor A level results.

Difference in the end? Suicide over such a trivial issue is stupid. Live your life, make good friends, start a happy family and try to enjoy the ride whilst you can. Don't forget part of the fun of the rollercoaster is the sharp drop, before it picks up.
Reply 15
i'd rather listen to some depressing and abusive heavy metal or rap

My go to depressing song by Bombay Bicycle Club is called 'curl up like a dead leaf and go where the wind blows me'. I seriously don't think I've ever heard such a depressing song title. Or Black Flies by Ben Howard or Exit music for a film. I'm going through my itunes to find depressing rap for you. Ill update you when I find some
Reply 16
Original post by CrusaderMkII
The fact is: you're going to die. You can die with good A level results. You can die with poor A level results.

Difference in the end? Suicide over such a trivial issue is stupid. Live your life, make good friends, start a happy family and try to enjoy the ride whilst you can. Don't forget part of the fun of the rollercoaster is the sharp drop, before it picks up.

telling me im going to die doesn't help
Reply 17
My go to depressing song by Bombay Bicycle Club is called 'curl up like a dead leaf and go where the wind blows me'. I seriously don't think I've ever heard such a depressing song title. Or Black Flies by Ben Howard or Exit music for a film. I'm going through my itunes to find depressing rap for you. Ill update you when I find some

thanks, dont send me bombay bicycle club i dont like them and i doubt you have any good rap but i'll have a look it might make me feel better
Reply 18
thanks, dont send me bombay bicycle club i dont like them and i doubt you have any good rap but i'll have a look it might make me feel better

I dont really do that much depressing rap, more rap that makes me feel like a bad ass e.g clique. But I did find successful by drake,trey songs and lil wayne and that kind of describes my feeling at this moment in time, except for wanting hoes. Also found russian roulette by Rhianna, not really rap but its a song about killing yourself. Oh and welcome to heart break my Kanye always makes me feel depressed
Reply 19
I dont really do that much depressing rap, more rap that makes me feel like a bad ass e.g clique. But I did find successful by drake,trey songs and lil wayne and that kind of describes my feeling at this moment in time, except for wanting hoes. Also found russian roulette by Rhianna, not really rap but its a song about killing yourself. Oh and welcome to heart break my Kanye always makes me feel depressed

ok i will listen to them right now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending