Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

will childline listen to me because im depressed about my results Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by penguinsrcool)
    i cant i feel bad
    Have you never heard of the phrase fake it till you make it. Think happy thoughts and eventually you will be happy. That's why I like to listen to happy songs when I'm depressed, it makes me happy

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lmsavk)
    That's ridiculous... Talk to somebody you know? Teachers? Parents? Mates?
    dont feel comfortable confiding in any of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heirloom)
    Have you never heard of the phrase fake it till you make it. Think happy thoughts and eventually you will be happy. That's why I like to listen to happy songs when I'm depressed, it makes me happy

ive tried that but i normally crash and burn even worse when i try and be happy

my life is going doing the drain and im even getting abuse on an internet forum

ReputationRep:
    no the b is a good grade. its the U in chemistry, E in c3 ( which i worked hard for ) and the u in d1 which im upset about
    Success does not come before hard work. If you are seriously upset about your results, you'd get off TSR now and start recapping the content of these modules for the June retake. You can't expect to get decent grades if you spend as much time as you are creating pointless threads like this one. If you had any intent on phoning Childline, you'd of done so by now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 002)
    Success does not come before hard work. If you are seriously upset about your results, you'd get off TSR now and start recapping the content of these modules for the June retake. You can't expect to get decent grades if you spend as much time as you are creating pointless threads like this one. If you had any intent on phoning Childline, you'd of done so by now.
    im gona phone them after this bottle

ReputationRep:
    **** it im phoning them up roight now

ReputationRep:
    im gona phone them after this bottle
    Name:  ndt.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  49.2 KB

ReputationRep:

my life is going doing the drain and im even getting abuse on an internet forum
    Right now you are letting it go down the drain without even fighting to turn it around. It's not a forgone conclusion that your life isn't going to be a success unless you don't bother to try

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, what is the point in doing so? Are they going to ring the exam board and get them to change your grade? Are they going to give you a Chemistry lesson over the phone? Are they going to send an operator to come and sit your exams for you?

No.

This comes down to how hard you are willing to work for YOUR A Levels.

PS. Have you ever heard of a Connexions advisor? I think they'd be better placed to handle your situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 002)
    x
    If you ever knew somebody who got depressed over exam results, you'd know it's not as easy as telling them to revise.

ReputationRep:
    They will listen to you but you'll probably be using up the line that could be better used by someone under 18 whose uncles raped them, whose been beaten up on a daily basis by their father or who's being sex-trafficked.

If you want to have a chat to cheer you up after bad results call a call girl. Not childline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Mad Dog)
    They will listen to you but you'll probably be using up the line that could be better used by someone under 18 whose uncles raped them, whose been beaten up on a daily basis by their father or who's being sex-trafficked.

If you want to have a chat to cheer you up after bad results call a call girl. Not childline.
    does that cost money?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonoahx)
    If you ever knew somebody who got depressed over exam results, you'd know it's not as easy as telling them to revise.
    Last August, I got D's in 6 of my AS exams and I thought it was the end of the world. But I didn't let it beat me. I started revising the content immediately, with a determination I had never felt before. Today, that work has paid off in the form of 5 A's and a B in those exams.

Dont let them beat you. If you are determined enough to revise after an unexpected result the possibilities are limitless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 002)
    Last August, I got D's in 6 of my AS exams and I thought it was the end of the world. But I didn't let it beat me. I started revising the content immediately, with a determination I had never felt before. Today, that work has paid off in the form of 5 A's and a B in those exams.

Dont let them beat you. If you are determined enough to revise after an unexpected result the possibilities are limitless.
    dont you dare even mention limits
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Jesus ****ing Christ. Either call them or don't - but shut the **** up about it. We don't care. Really, truly and honestly. It's the most sincere lack of caring I have ever shown.

Look, Childline is supposed to be used by kids who need help. You need a motivational kick up the backside.

ReputationRep:
    does that cost money?
    Yes, but it's better than wasting child-lines valuable time and will probably make you feel a lot better.

ReputationRep:
    dont you dare even mention limits
    Woah calm down! Would you prefer if I said endless instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons)
    Jesus ****ing Christ. Either call them or don't - but shut the **** up about it. We don't care. Really, truly and honestly. It's the most sincere lack of caring I have ever shown.

Look, Childline is supposed to be used by kids who need help. You need a motivational kick up the backside.
    i dont appreciate that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Mad Dog)
    Yes, but it's better than wasting child-lines valuable time and will probably make you feel a lot better.
    tbh i'd rather save the money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons)

I would give this a positive rating, but I've used them all up today!

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.