Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

How many exams are you likely to have this May/June? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madfish)
    you'd give her one.. don't deny it
    unfortunately you both wont get the chance, nevermind!

Maths gets more interesting at degree level, enjoy your trig!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madfish)
    Same with me tbh

I only started AS Maths in January as I dropped another subject for it

I was doing 3 hours consistently since the Mid of january until about last week and 8 hours minimum every weekend to get caught up.

I think I have caught up now tbh

It's just a matter of doing a past paper a night for me now
    Yea by the sounds of it you will be fine maths is all about practise, and to be fair doing maths past papers is quite enjoyable not as bad as some other like Physics or Chem........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shahbaz)
    Yea by the sounds of it you will be fine maths is all about practise, and to be fair doing maths past papers is quite enjoyable not as bad as some other like Physics or Chem........
    Ahh I really hope so Mechanics hasnt clicked yet

ReputationRep:
    11 all in. No resits
    Core 4
    FP2
    FP3
    Stats2
    GEO3
    Chem F214
    Bio F315
    STEP I,II,III
    AEA Maths.
    3 of the last 4 are optional though so....

ReputationRep:
    6 exams, although in Chem 5 and Bio 5 I only need a C to get an A overall haha

ReputationRep:
    2 human biology exams :/ dreading them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaLouuu)
    2 human biology exams :/ dreading them
    Oh my god! Someone else on TSR that does human biology! :eek:
    I only had one January exam which was human biology unit 4, are you doing AS or A2?

I should have 6 including 3 speaking exams I missed Spanish AS speaking due to illness last year . No resits though, I might retake my German AS writing paper from last year even though I got an A just to boost my UMS by a few marks. Every little helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gummibaerchen)
    Oh my god! Someone else on TSR that does human biology! :eek:
    I only had one January exam which was human biology unit 4, are you doing AS or A2?

I should have 6 including 3 speaking exams I missed Spanish AS speaking due to illness last year . No resits though, I might retake my German AS writing paper from last year even though I got an A just to boost my UMS by a few marks. Every little helps!

Aw, I didn't have any exams in January :P. and I'm A2 I'm awful at human biology though haha I got a D at AS x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LegendX)
    Impressive. Well done. What did you apply for?
    Thanks, and Chemistry

ReputationRep:
    3X - History Modular unit exams
    2X - Linear Maths
    2X - French reading + Listening
    2X - English Literature and resit English Language
    1X - RE short-course
    Total - 10

ReputationRep:
    Aw, I didn't have any exams in January :P. and I'm A2 I'm awful at human biology though haha I got a D at AS x
    If you ever need help with it you can PM me there doesn't seem to be anyone else on here that does human biology
    Once you get closer to exams, do all the past papers and keep doing them over and over again - pretty much memorise all the answers. They pretty much use the same questions or thereabouts over and over again just worded slightly differently.

ReputationRep:
    If you ever need help with it you can PM me there doesn't seem to be anyone else on here that does human biology
    Once you get closer to exams, do all the past papers and keep doing them over and over again - pretty much memorise all the answers. They pretty much use the same questions or thereabouts over and over again just worded slightly differently.

Ah I shall although I don't know how to PM people though :') what exam are you with mines OCR. I got to c's and an e last year.. I'm struggling with respiration And photosynthesis at the minute thres so much to remember oh and the nervous system D: x

ReputationRep:
    6 exams: G482, CHEM2, DANC1, C1, C2, S1
    And so happy there are no resits!

ReputationRep:
    Ah I shall although I don't know how to PM people though :') what exam are you with mines OCR. I got to c's and an e last year.. I'm struggling with respiration And photosynthesis at the minute thres so much to remember oh and the nervous system D: x
    I'll message you now so you can always just click reply in future if you need anything, if that's ok?
    I haven't started photosynthesis yet, doing loads of ecology stuff at the moment yay :/
    I am with AQA x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shahbaz)
    I set a minimum of two past papers a week for each maths module including marking and going over areas which im struggling on (correcting mistakes).

average 1-2 hours a night sometimes more sometimes less depends how im feeling hope that helped.
    How do you have time? o_0

ReputationRep:
    I'll message you now so you can always just click reply in future if you need anything, if that's ok?
    I haven't started photosynthesis yet, doing loads of ecology stuff at the moment yay :/
    I am with AQA x

Yeah that's fine and I don't know what that is D: haha. Ah do the exam boards provide different topics to teach or are they the same??xx

ReputationRep:
    Thank goodness for no resits and not taking Maths!

ReputationRep:
    5 exams, including 2 resits.

Geography 3
    Economics 4
    Business 4
    Retaking Economics 2 and Business 3

ReputationRep:
    5 and no resits but the thought of the number of exams for next summer makes me :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    2x politics
    2x economics (one resit)
    2x ancient history
    1x maths(resit)

I make that seven exams altogether

and on two of those days I'll have two exams...darn!

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.