Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello all!

So, I have decided to apply to study medicine in Europe!

Year 12 posed a bit of a problem to me since I was ill a lot, and I didn't feel comfortable enough to apply for medicine in the UK with the grades I got at AS Level (A - Biology, B - History, D - Chemistry and an incomplete Maths grade of A/B) and trying to get in on extenuating circumstances. I asked the school if it was possible to repeat the year but unfortunately the school rejected my request, opting for me to try and complete my course in 2 years. (Chemistry teacher thought the headmistress was barking! haha)

So, after January retakes, I'm sitting on ABB (AS - retaking the chemistry for an A) and seriously thinking about applying for medicine abroad. I've picked out the University of Gdansk in Poland as being my top choice, but I want to pick a few more so that I have a range of unis to pick from. Help?

I want the university to be GMC approved and the fees to be relatively on par or below the fees in England. I also need advice on which agency to apply through. Currently, I am using http://www.readmedicine.com/ but it's very limited on the number of unis I can apply to. I'm just a little bit wary applying through other agencies at the moment because I don't know if they're 'legit' or not.

Any help would be appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Why apply through an agency at all? Just do your research yourself and apply to anywhere you want to apply, instead of pouring money into one of these agencies that just want to give you information you can get for free and charge you a bomb for the privilege. Search this forum for 'medicine in europe' and 'medicine abroad' and you'll find mention of plenty of other universities that UK students tend to apply to. From what I understand quite a few Danes/Norwegians/Swedes go for Poland, as a bit of interesting trivia.

ReputationRep:
    Gdansk is a lovely city. I don't know much about studying medicine in other European countries, but met quite a few people from Scandinavia and the US, who studied in Krakow and seemed happy.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.