The Student Room Group

Your experience of apprenticeships?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Are there any chances to get an apprenticeship even though you already have a degree when applying for normal non-graduate apprenticeships?
Did IT apprenticeship found work but wana go Uni now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ForgetMe
Are there any chances to get an apprenticeship even though you already have a degree when applying for normal non-graduate apprenticeships?

Unfortunately not, no.

Which is why I did my 12 month apprenticeship first on my gap year, then University commences afterwards (in October coming up) - it actually strengthened my application!
Reply 23
Original post by Himynameskiefer
Unfortunately not, no.

Which is why I did my 12 month apprenticeship first on my gap year, then University commences afterwards (in October coming up) - it actually strengthened my application!

Unfortunately, where I came from, we only had options:

-After finishing school get to uni or college
-Go straight into employment

There were no apprenticeships, no volunteering, not even a chance to extend internships..

I have no chance to get into graduate apprenticeships and no seems I have no chance to get into non-graduate ones.
Reply 24
I originally did a degree in accountancy. I did accountancy because that is what I was good at. However I always had a passion for technology.

The software engineering apprenticeship by BT was ideal. My dad had a great career in BT and my brother was really enjoying his networks apprenticeship. £16,000 is a good starting salary. Within 3 years you will have the same technical knowledge as a grad and be on the same pay, but you will have more experience and less debt. If you chose not to stay with your chosen company then I still believe you will be much more employable than grads who are simply not producing the skills that employers are looking for.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending