The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

2014 entry requirements changed massively?

Any one else realised that the 2014 entry requirements for lots of subjects has changed for Kings?

History has gone from a 39 to a 35 at IB... and the same with other subjects, such as Geography and Politics of International Economics, to name a few...

Anyone know why?
Reply 1
Demand has dropped like a stone these past few years.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Daranth
Any one else realised that the 2014 entry requirements for lots of subjects has changed for Kings?

History has gone from a 39 to a 35 at IB... and the same with other subjects, such as Geography and Politics of International Economics, to name a few...

Anyone know why?

Basically, IB is harder so lower grades are more fair...this is their report-->

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/ug/schoolscolleges/ib-launch.aspx
Reply 3
Physics gone up to AAA from AAB, probably because of Higgs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Could be to do with the Higher Ed White Paper letting unis have unlimited recruitment of ABB equivalent candidates...
Reply 5
Original post by Daranth

Anyone know why?

It's because the IB is (infamously) unpopular among universities, there have been applicants to Oxbridge with 44 points who have been rejected for their IB mark.
So this year King's College pledged to be fairer to IB students by making next years entry requirements lower. Bucking the trend of university treatment towards IB.
Read an article about it here: http://www.relocatemagazine.com/education/education-news-main/7553-fair-admissions-for-ib-students-at-kings-college-london
Original post by Ollie113
It's because the IB is (infamously) unpopular among universities, there have been applicants to Oxbridge with 44 points who have been rejected for their IB mark.
So this year King's College pledged to be fairer to IB students by making next years entry requirements lower. Bucking the trend of university treatment towards IB.
Read an article about it here: http://www.relocatemagazine.com/education/education-news-main/7553-fair-admissions-for-ib-students-at-kings-college-london

Who do you know with 44 who has been rejected by Oxbridge Because of their IB mark that sound so ridiculous I cant believe it
Reply 7
Original post by tooambitious
Who do you know with 44 who has been rejected by Oxbridge Because of their IB mark that sound so ridiculous I cant believe it

Two people, it is unfair for met to give out their names online without permission but believe me it did happen. One was rejected in 2010 and the other this year.
Original post by Ollie113
Two people, it is unfair for met to give out their names online without permission but believe me it did happen. One was rejected in 2010 and the other this year.

Because of their IB though? :s-smilie:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad
Reply 9
Original post by tooambitious
Because of their IB though? :s-smilie:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad

Well I never personally asked the Cambridge applications team but my friends who got rejected believe it was because of IB and think it's really unfair.
physics has definitely gone up (A-level wise)

Quick Reply

Latest