Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I'm pretty new here, thought I'd join the crew

Well, I got my OCR Philosophy result today, I got an A (). I got 89 UMS marks and I wanted to ask whether I can get an A* overall if I get the same grade for Ethics again.

For my AS grades I also got an A.

Does anyone know? Please shed some light on this.

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kousar)
    Hey guys,

I'm pretty new here, thought I'd join the crew

Well, I got my OCR Philosophy result today, I got an A (). I got 89 UMS marks and I wanted to ask whether I can get an A* overall if I get the same grade for Ethics again.

For my AS grades I also got an A.
    No. You need 180/200 from the A2 units so you need at least 91 in Ethics to get the A*.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, shame! Do you reckon it's worth a remark then, because I'd love an A*.

By the way, thanks for replying

ReputationRep:
    Ah, shame! Do you reckon it's worth a remark then, because I'd love an A*.

By the way, thanks for replying
    You can still get an A* for RE, you just need to score at least 91 on the 2nd paper. Given that you've got 89 on the first one, I'd have thought that was achievable and it is definitely not worth re-sitting.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks The thing is, my teacher has gone off for maternity leave and we are left with a pretty bad teacher- so I can see myself slacking in that sense. So if I can only get 89 UMS when I feel like I know everything etc...I don't expect getting 91 with a really bad teacher!

That's the thing..... :/

ReputationRep:
    Thanks The thing is, my teacher has gone off for maternity leave and we are left with a pretty bad teacher- so I can see myself slacking in that sense. So if I can only get 89 UMS when I feel like I know everything etc...I don't expect getting 91 with a really bad teacher!

That's the thing..... :/
    If you feel like that, take it upon yourself to do self-teaching outside of the classroom, i.e. stuff that isn't necessarily being taught by your teacher but still fits in to the spec somehow. Congratulations on your great result by the way! I did AQA AS Philosophy resits (I am A2 now) and I am somehow managed 65/100 UMS on my first module yet 95/100 UMS on my second module despite the second one being harder. It still averages out at an A overall but I think I'm going to resit the first to gain extra marks to take some pressure off for A2 (both exams are in June).

I wouldn't advise you resit an 89/100, that's a great result anyway and you're probably more likely to be able to bring it up with your second topic if you, as I said, do some self-teaching outside of the classroom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jool)
    If you feel like that, take it upon yourself to do self-teaching outside of the classroom, i.e. stuff that isn't necessarily being taught by your teacher but still fits in to the spec somehow. Congratulations on your great result by the way! I did AQA AS Philosophy resits (I am A2 now) and I am somehow managed 65/100 UMS on my first module yet 95/100 UMS on my second module despite the second one being harder. It still averages out at an A overall but I think I'm going to resit the first to gain extra marks to take some pressure off for A2 (both exams are in June).

I wouldn't advise you resit an 89/100, that's a great result anyway and you're probably more likely to be able to bring it up with your second topic if you, as I said, do some self-teaching outside of the classroom.
    95/100?? That's amazing. And thank you. Yeah, it's a shame re-teaching. Sad thing is that this is the case with two of my subjects. History and RS, my teacher's are rubbish...

ReputationRep:
    Just revise hardcore for the 2nd unit/part and try get 94 just go be safe on the A*
    Good luck

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.