Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    So I've booked my theory test in a month, and am going to start doing a little work for it here and there but I'm not sure as to what I should use as preperation for it. I currently have a outdated official book from 2009 from my friend who passed it last month , is this good enough ? And for the hazard perception ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WildBerry)
    So I've booked my theory test in a month, and am going to start doing a little work for it here and there but I'm not sure as to what I should use as preperation for it. I currently have a outdated official book from 2009 from my friend who passed it last month , is this good enough ? And for the hazard perception ?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Driving-Succ...2679948&sr=8-2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WildBerry)
    I got the DSA cd rom and hazard perception dvd. Look around the web for mock hazard tests I revised both for about 3 weeks and passed.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly for me the CDs worked wonders. I left everything to the last minute, ended up revising pretty much the night before and managed to pass.
    I would recommend the official DSA ones and search for some extra hazard perception clips on the internet.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    There's an app for that; The Hazard Perception bit is a bit rubbish though, either that or I'm not very good at it!!

ReputationRep:
    The questions part of the test is all revision, revision, revision.

I'd actually avoid some of the online mock hazard perception tests. I did a couple of them and got over 70 points each time, only to think I'd done really well on my first theory test only to have missed the pass mark by a couple of points. Ouch... I made sure I concentrated really hard the next time though and passed it; keeping focussed and alert is pretty much the key. Passed the question part both times.
    Try and get an official DSA disc with a mock test on it though, should be reliable.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.