Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm considering going to Brunel university but when I spoke to my older cousin who just started there and she said that its more or less in the middle of nowhere and there is only one club in the local area, a few restaurants and that is about it!!
    She said there are some good uni events and society stuff going on but sometimes but it can be hard to find out about because there's no one place to find out, you have to know people??

PLEASE HELP!!

Roach

ReputationRep:
    Right.

Uxbridge is an alright area, two shopping centers that have most shops (Chimes and Pavillion), a cinema and a supermarket.

There are 2 clubs in town, Electric lounge and Liquid, most students head to Liquid.
    We also have Academy on campus.

It's not really in the middle of nowhere but it's on the edge of London, you can get a night bus back from central and you can take the train, Metropolitan and Piccadily lines, in to central, takes about an hour or more depending on where you want to go.

We were like 5th best Student Union in the country I believe, I mean, I do love our SU and societies they're great, freshers fayre is when you'll get to see how many there really are otherwise a pop to the union site (brunelstudents.com) or popping into the SU office to ask. I've been to quite a few other Unis and our SU has always been ahead of those I've visited tbh.

Anyway hope this helps, I'm currently a third year, feel free to ask anymore questions.

ReputationRep:
    There's a mall there; pretty decent. But your friend is somewhat right; it's far from central.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys!both have been very helpful.

Is there anything like bowling or just random places to go in uxbridge though?

ReputationRep:
    There's a bowing place two bus rides away I believe (Heathrow Bowl) and also a bowling society that go every Wednesday I think.
    There's also a place with bowling and laser quest (feltham Q2 or something)

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.