Hi I wonder if you can help?
My husband has just been given a conditional offer at bucks new Uni providing he passes a mature student entry assessment. We are too impatient to wait for the letter! Has anyone done this or know what it is? He did a maths and English test already on the day!?
Turn on thread page Beta
Bucks New Uni Nursing Mature entry assessment watch
- Thread Starter
- 07-03-2013 18:19
- 19-03-2013 15:08
I'm currently a student at Bucks on the PGDip Adult Nursing course. I would consider myself to be a mature student. I started the course last September but I didn't have to do a mature student assessment. Has your your husband applied for the undergraduate degree or postgraduate diploma?
Here is some info I can give. Hope it's helpful
Regarding the extended CV (postgraduate course) i just elaborated more on my current CV using the outline they sent. Just make sure its tailored to and relevant to how your degree and current situation will make you a good candidate for a nursing course (emphasize things like teamwork, time management, if you're currently working in healthcare this can be a plus too.
1. Know that you're being observed the minute you get there...SERIOUSLY!!
2. Make sure you get there on time
3. Make sure you have all the documents they have requested and the photocopies + 2 passport pictures
4. They should have emailed you a form to fill out...take that
5. The first thing we did were the english and math test. You have nothing to worry about.
English- read a passage and had to answer straightforward questions (i guess its to test analytical and reasoning skills too)
Math- decimals, fractions, percentages (VERY BASIC)
6. We then had our group interview- abt 5/6 per group. We had to discuss the current NHS reform debate.
7. Individual interview- from what i remember they asked me to talk about my current situation, about my final project at uni, how I will balance home life with uni (I was preg at time of interview.
All in all the staff are wonderful and they all seem very supportive. Make sure you answer questions during the info sessions, interact with the other candidates and just appear friendly and approachable.
You will do well i'm sure. Let me know how it goes and send further questions if you have any. ALL THE BEST!!!
- 13-04-2013 12:12
HI,can any one help me whit some information about maths and english test and also interveiw question as i have interview in may at bucks uni but this is my first interview so i am so stressed and i don't have any idea what is this all about
- 10-11-2013 17:56
Hi, I have been given the same as your husband... What was the mature test like? Thanks x
- 07-02-2014 21:36
Hie I have been given a conditional offer at bucks for the post graduate diploma.the condition is to pass the english resit test.calle d them today to see where I went wrong today and they said I have to write like a post graduate.somebody help pliiiiiiiiiz!!!!!