The Student Room Group

Havering Sixth Form College Interview 2013

Hey guys, so I just got a letter form the college about my interview!! Opened this thread as I want to know if you have to take your parents to the interview, seeing as the letter says it's recommended you do, but will it affect if I get in or not? Also this is just so everyone out there in my situation can ask questions about the sixth form and see if we get any answers XD
(edited 11 years ago)
I wanted to answer this but seeing as it says it was posted 3 weeks ago, and I know that the interviews at the sixth form was like.. a week ago? :confused: how did it go?

I'm sure that going alone, without your parents would not had affected your chances of getting a place there.

I'm in my final year at the Havering Sixth Form College!

I must admit, you have to rely on yourself A LOT during your time at that sixth form, as most teachers will not give you much guidence on your coursework and exams etc.

It would be down to you to make sure you do all your work and study for your exams because the teachers are not very 'pushy' ... and if you do not work hard on your own then you would get bad grades at the end of the courses :frown:

GOOD LUCK!
Reply 2
Could let me know what do you mean the teachers are not really pushy. Can you feel comfortable talking to them about clarifications about any lesson you did not understand. Did they want the students to succeed no matter their backgrounds. You are scaring me a little as I would prefer a college where I get help when I need it. Are they friendly. Do they check for attendance. Did you enjoy your time at the college.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending