Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I want an A* in this subject for uni .

My marks

SCLY1 66/80 (82.5%)
    SCLY2 118/120 (98%)
    SCLY3 69/80 (86%)

So..that equates to exactly 90%

Should I try for a 90 in crime and deviance..or re-take SCLY3?

ReputationRep:
    retake SCLY2 lol

ReputationRep:
    To get an A* in a subject, You need 90% in the A2 modules, the AS module results don't have a bearing on the A*. I think you should focus on getting 94% in the next module

ReputationRep:
    Surely you'd need to retake unit 3 & get 90% to get the A*?

Congrats on the 98% though, I could only dream of getting that in something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darryalar)
    retake SCLY2 lol
    Lol dude

(Original post by Hero-H)
    To get an A* in a subject, You need 90% in the A2 modules, the AS module results don't have a bearing on the A*. I think you should focus on getting 94% in the next module
    Yeah definitely...thanks. I revise Crime & Deviance like a few hours a day. Really want an A*. I am so arrogant to my teacher so I need to sort it out

(Original post by YMLT)
    Surely you'd need to retake unit 3 & get 90% to get the A*?

Congrats on the 98% though, I could only dream of getting that in something
    I was three marks from A*, people think I'm obnoxious for wanting to re-take to get the A*? My teacher may not sign the re-take form? Literally SO annoyed because that's the first time I've crammed an exam and I've been messing around, missing lessons and self teaching myself all term. And thankyou haha, research method are just a win easy marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by und3niable_)
    Lol dude

Yeah definitely...thanks. I revise Crime & Deviance like a few hours a day. Really want an A*. I am so arrogant to my teacher so I need to sort it out

I was three marks from A*, people think I'm obnoxious for wanting to re-take to get the A*? My teacher may not sign the re-take form? Literally SO annoyed because that's the first time I've crammed an exam and I've been messing around, missing lessons and self teaching myself all term. And thankyou haha, research method are just a win easy marks
    I don't really think that's obnoxious at all, especially if you're as close as you are & you need it for Uni.

That seems a bit harsh that a teacher wouldn't sigh a re-take form though, surely its completely down to you (especially if you're 18)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YMLT)
    I don't really think that's obnoxious at all, especially if you're as close as you are & you need it for Uni.

That seems a bit harsh that a teacher wouldn't sigh a re-take form though, surely its completely down to you (especially if you're 18)?
    Yeah..guess I'll ask then thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YMLT)

I don't really 'need' as such. I need AAB for uni but I was thinking A* may just look better and make the B look okay

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darryalar)
    retake SCLY2 lol
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by und3niable_)
    I don't really 'need' as such. I need AAB for uni but I was thinking A* may just look better and make the B look okay

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The thing to consider is what impact it will have on the rest of your exams- will retaking mean a load of extra pressure and you end up getting two Bs instead of AB? for example.

That said, you seem to have aced the three papers you posted so I'd have thought you're the kind of person who can manage it. Obviously an A* will look better in the future (I'm not sure how much it matters to employers tbh) so if that's what you really want to achieve I'd say go for it

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YMLT)
    The thing to consider is what impact it will have on the rest of your exams- will retaking mean a load of extra pressure and you end up getting two Bs instead of AB? for example.

That said, you seem to have aced the three papers you posted so I'd have thought you're the kind of person who can manage it. Obviously an A* will look better in the future (I'm not sure how much it matters to employers tbh) so if that's what you really want to achieve I'd say go for it

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Yeah I might just go for a 94 in unit 4 because I take law which takes up a lot of my time

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.