Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I'm 17 and currently study biology, history and geography at college and am in my 2 year at college (A level year). After getting the results today I was fine with geo and history, but yet again I didn't do as well as I wanted in biology.
    In AS level I received a C overall which isn't terrible, but I need a B to get into the uni I want to. Therefore I retook an exam this January and managed to get a B in it, but my AS is still a C overall.
    However the first A level unit I did, which is the one we just did in January and got the result for today, I got an E on, which was really disappointing as I thought it was at least a C!

Therefore I was just wondering if somebody could recommend any tips to succeeding in biology! Any on-line resources would be great, or ways to revise of just generally any help!
    My exam board is AQA by the way, and I really need to get a B! Any help would be really appreciated and any questions you have let me know and I'll get back to you! Thanks, Lauren.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenamy1)
    Hey,
    I'm 17 and currently study biology, history and geography at college and am in my 2 year at college (A level year). After getting the results today I was fine with geo and history, but yet again I didn't do as well as I wanted in biology.
    In AS level I received a C overall which isn't terrible, but I need a B to get into the uni I want to. Therefore I retook an exam this January and managed to get a B in it, but my AS is still a C overall.
    However the first A level unit I did, which is the one we just did in January and got the result for today, I got an E on, which was really disappointing as I thought it was at least a C!

Therefore I was just wondering if somebody could recommend any tips to succeeding in biology! Any on-line resources would be great, or ways to revise of just generally any help!
    My exam board is AQA by the way, and I really need to get a B! Any help would be really appreciated and any questions you have let me know and I'll get back to you! Thanks, Lauren.
    Get the AQA Biology text book. Every topic that's relevant to the unit will be in it. Get some sticky notes, and stick them to the inner pages of every chapter of every topic within the unit (if you're unsure of all of them, ask your teacher). Then, read through every page (making sure to take breaks), and after you've done this, do past papers. Mark them, then re-revise weak areas until you're fluid. Oh, and remember: everything you could possibly need to know to get an A* is in the book. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Another thing would be to get some online help. You can search for 'A level biology'. You will find presentations and topic help at biology mad(not sure of the web address). and you can get revision guides (OUP) etc.
    Good Luck

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.