The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SloaneRanger
How are you guys calling the Atlanta v Toronto and the Boston Celtics v Cleveland Cavaliers ....Game....

There is value on Atlanta and Boston

I know Boston have been on a losing run etc...but.....it might be worth looking at the form and what part of the spread to invest in.

Boston wont beat the Cavaliers.

They have quite a few injuries and played pretty poorly against the knicks at home.

Atlanta vs Toronto. No idea.

I think heat, cavaliers , and knicks will win.

I haven't been very impressed by the Bulls defence. In their last game they kept losing the ball in the second period.
Original post by fat_hobbit
Ny Knicks results:

Sun, 10 Mar
vs.
Jazz
W 84 - 113
Final
Tue, 12 Mar
@
Warriors
L 63 - 92
Final
Thu, 14 Mar
@
Nuggets
L 94 - 117
Final
Fri, 15 Mar
@
Trail Blazers
L 90 - 105
Final
Sun, 17 Mar
@
Clippers
L 80 - 93
Final
Tue, 19 Mar
@
Jazz
W 90 - 83
Final
Wed, 20 Mar
vs.
Magic
W 94 - 106
Final
Fri, 22 Mar
@
Raptors
W 99 - 94
Final
Sat, 23 Mar
vs.
Raptors
W 84 - 110
Final
Yesterday @ Celtics W 100 - 85 Final

They are at home too. And dont seem to win by 1 points, always 5+.

Have a decent attack.

Thats a pretty good call, I saw Memphis have Gasol and Gay out....looking at with a few early Grizzlie baskets the spread could go slightly better for you on the alternative spread market.
Thats a pretty good call, I saw Memphis have Gasol and Gay out....looking at with a few early Grizzlie baskets the spread could go slightly better for you on the alternative spread market.

Bobcats should beat orlando magic.

Their defence is pretty ****.

yeah - i ****ed up yesterday, was going to stick 30 on the knicks at +3 against celtic. But kept leaving it for too long.

Luckily knicks won the second period so ended up winning 40.
Reply 264
LOL, i would trade some of my profit for someone to actually nail in Germany 1914-1945 and 1945-1990.... If I learnt this years ago, I wouldn't be doing it now.... Yeah let leave Zainab Masood to her on devices...:tongue:

:lolwut:
Reply 265
Haha, I wish we had two way sports bets that came in like decent horse prices....we are just scrapping over around the even prices.

Well Penbryn is a good example of what I mean by taking advantage of early prices being wrong. I placed that bet with Coral at 10:30am at 12/1. Ok, 9/1 isn't a massive drop, but if I backed every 9/1 horse at 12/1 then I'm sure you will agree that I will win in the long term.

Penbryn.PNG
Bobcats should beat orlando magic.

Their defence is pretty ****.

If im taking out right bets, I only focus on 3 games expecting prices close to even 10/11 on the spread and expect 2/3 to win....
Original post by pane123
Well Penbryn is a good example of what I mean by taking advantage of early prices being wrong. I placed that bet with Coral at 10:30am at 12/1. Ok, 9/1 isn't a massive drop, but if I backed every 9/1 horse at 12/1 then I'm sure you will agree that I will win in the long term.

Penbryn.PNG

LOL, you getting that we are chasing around for 10/11, 10/13s etc and if we are lucky an even shot....
"Darling", would you like to see what I bought my date for Valentines Day - straight up real and from the Gucci store in Knightsbridge...spent someones monthly wage on that... and where I took her afterwards.... I don't lie.... I enjoy the thrill off outsmarting, people with "lesser intelligence".....

Before you say anything, I always make donations to charity and the church....I value all aspects of life....

Haha I find your post funny for three reasons;

1. Who the **** needs to buy some Valentines Date a gucci bag?! Surely simply spending time with her is the best gift you could give her....

2. You don't come across as a disciplined gambler. Relating betting to my poker experience of when I used to play semi professionally, but you needed at least 20 times your monthly spends in your bankroll.... considering you spent 1k+ in a month (extrapolation, not including bills and rent) then does that mean you have 20k in your betting account?

Can you handle any run of bad luck?

Have you got a profit/time graph to show with a nice big sample of bets?

3. You enjoy the thrill of outsmarting people with "lesser intelligence" and yet still donate to charity.

Aren't some charities dealing with people of "lesser intelligence" in potentially one aspect? Why don't you enjoy the thrill of outsmarting those people? Or do you feel guilty so you donate to charities?

Do you feel you are smarter than the people employed to make books?

Who COULD be smarter than you?
Original post by Warlord
why would you spend a months salary on a handbag :confused: As a person who is understanding of the risk involved in making money, I thought you would have more sense than to spend a months salary on a girl youre dating, which statistically is silly because it causes the female to retain a high sense of self worth. So your money will need to be there at all times mate,else she is outta here.

It took me one and half weeks to make it....I got my first thrill in the making and if you want to generate "a classy good looking girl".....and close her you have to be creative.....

Im sure Im speaking for others as well if 2/3 bets at 10/11 come in, to go out and buy a Gucci Iphone case from the Gucci store (its £100), you dont really feel it.....You can just call it an expensive £20 lunch.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Warlord
why would you spend a months salary on a handbag :confused: As a person who is understanding of the risk involved in making money, I thought you would have more sense than to spend a months salary on a girl youre dating, which statistically is silly because it causes the female to retain a high sense of self worth. So your money will need to be there at all times mate,else she is outta here.

Women are like gambling; the moment that you think you are getting anywhere with them, they let go of your hands and kick you in the balls.
Reply 271
LOL, you getting that we are chasing around for 10/11, 10/13s etc and if we are lucky an even shot....

I know, but horse racing is different. With football I only bet Asian Handicaps, so I'm looking at odds around evens. Do you see now why bookmakers ban winning horse racing punters so quickly?

That's me 33 points up just this week. That's would be almost impossible in any other sport.
Original post by pane123
I know, but horse racing is different. With football I only bet Asian Handicaps, so I'm looking at odds around evens. Do you see now why bookmakers ban winning horse racing punters so quickly?

That's me 33 points up just this week. That's would be almost impossible in any other sport.

How much have you made betting on horse racing?
It took me one and half weeks to make it....I got my first thrill in the making and if you want to generate "a classy good looking girl".....and close her you have to be creative.....

Im sure Im speaking for others as well if 2/3 bets at 10/11 come in, to go out and buy a Gucci Iphone case from the Gucci store (its £100), you dont really feel it.....You can just call it an expensive £20 lunch.

TBH she will only care about materialism if she is a gold digger.

A great GF is with you when you have nothing, otherwise she is just using you to sustain her lifestyle. Once that dries out, she will then leech onto the next guy.

Be careful with the scrubber.

I personally would spend that money on a new outfit for myself from ralph lauren, so that I look dapper.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Stevo112

lol only recently I went through a 20 game losing streak period.

God it was ****ing ****.
Reply 275
How much have you made betting on horse racing?

I'd rather not say, but it's enough to make a decent living. I am far from being a millionaire and being a professional gambler isn't as glamorous as you might think.

Well, that's not true, it is for some folk, but not me.

You have guys like Harry Findlay and Patrick Veitch who make millions, but I make what would be classed as a good salary, especially when you take into account no tax.

Maybe one day...
Original post by Stevo112
Haha I find your post funny for three reasons;

1. Who the **** needs to buy some Valentines Date a gucci bag?! Surely simply spending time with her is the best gift you could give her....

2. You don't come across as a disciplined gambler. Relating betting to my poker experience of when I used to play semi professionally, but you needed at least 20 times your monthly spends in your bankroll.... considering you spent 1k+ in a month (extrapolation, not including bills and rent) then does that mean you have 20k in your betting account?

Have you got a profit/time graph to show with a nice big sample of bets?

3. You enjoy the thrill of outsmarting people with "lesser intelligence" and yet still donate to charity.

Aren't some charities dealing with people of "lesser intelligence" in potentially one aspect? Why don't you enjoy the thrill of outsmarting those people? Or do you feel guilty so you donate to charities?

Do you feel you are smarter than the people employed to make books?

Who COULD be smarter than you?

By donating I mean't putting a £5/10 in a charity box, I believe in good and bad karma.....heres a good one..... go into your local bookmakers as for the Los Angeles of Anaheim to win the AL West.......95% of the time they will give you the world series price 9/1. Because they don't know the difference between winning a pennant and a division..... Taking advantage of someone less intelligent....means less knowledgeable..... Its up to someone to educate themselves, why should I sit there and explain to them the differences..... if they were cultured they would know the difference between central LA and Anaheim which is like hours drive away. Its not my position to explain to someone what the BCS implications for 2013/2014 are, people need to educate themselves.

Just like I am with this crappy History exams and trust me its painful to learn about things you don't care about.
(edited 11 years ago)
lol only recently I went through a 20 game losing streak period.

God it was ****ing ****.

Try being done in overtime recently and costly last 2 minute turnovers.....lucky there hasn't been any pick6s or crazy plays in the NFL this season..... I pray the teams I back the closers get there saves, starting Monday!
Try being done in overtime recently and costly last 2 minute turnovers.....lucky there hasn't been any pick6s or crazy plays in the NFL this season..... I pray the teams I back the closers get there saves, starting Monday!

I got done yesterday in OT by LA Clippers.
I got done yesterday in OT by LA Clippers.

Worst thing is there is no where to lay off your bets! Markets all get restricted!!

Latest

Trending

Trending