The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by Stevo112
such a sample would be very interesting to see.

Just a tip though, if you are making it serious you should keep records for profitability.

A nice little excel spreadsheet and graph, not strictly to prove to others, but so you can see where you are at and whether your money is being invested wisely.

In the business of gambling the use of statistics is such a powerful tool and tbh I do think people who don't utilise anything like that have no right to call themselves any more intelligent than other people! It is ignorant really. Respect the bookies and the people working for them because they are out to take your money. Any and every edge is needed to beat them.

I did have every bet recorded, but thanks to a hard drive disaster I lost most. I create a new spreadsheet for every day of betting, so would be able to throw something together if you fancy a look. January was a disaster and I eventually stopped betting until the weather improved, but I should still have over 1,000 bets recorded.
an honest assessment!

Cash in:

27 Mar 13 / 19:19 Single 1 1. FSV Mainz 05 II v VfR Wormatia 08 Worms Match Betting Live VfR Wormatia 08 Worms @ 4/9 Lost £20.00 £22.32 O/2449974/0000279/F

27 Mar 13 / 18:35 Single 1 Wuppertaler SV Borussia v VFB Huls Wuppertaler SV Borussia Clean Sheet Live Yes @ 13/8 Lost £30.00 £31.43 O/2449974/0000275/F

Cheekily nicked 3 quid from the bookies.

Did that earlier

-----------------

A great strategy with laying your bet, is to bet on a clean sheet on football, wait 70 minutes. Then cash in. For a 30 quid stake you can get 10 back, keep doing that, and you will stack up the cash in no time.

Odds of losing - if they are a strong side, is significantly lower, then if you waited the whole 90 mins. Every footie match I watch, I notice that most of the action happens in the last 10 mins of the game. A lot of punters get screwed over by late goals.

Winning 50 a day, is decent imo.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 322
Original post by fat_hobbit
Cash in:

27 Mar 13 / 19:19 Single 1 1. FSV Mainz 05 II v VfR Wormatia 08 Worms Match Betting Live VfR Wormatia 08 Worms @ 4/9 Lost £20.00 £22.32 O/2449974/0000279/F

27 Mar 13 / 18:35 Single 1 Wuppertaler SV Borussia v VFB Huls Wuppertaler SV Borussia Clean Sheet Live Yes @ 13/8 Lost £30.00 £31.43 O/2449974/0000275/F

Cheekily nicked 3 quid from the bookies.

Did that earlier

-----------------

A great strategy with laying your bet, is to bet on a clean sheet on football, wait 70 minutes. Then cash in. For a 30 quid stake you can get 10 back, keep doing that, and you will stack up the cash in no time.

Odds of losing - if they are a strong side, is significantly lower, then if you waited the whole 90 mins. Every footie match I watch, I notice that most of the action happens in the last 10 mins of the game.

Winning 50 a day, is decent imo.

I'm not a fan of strategies tbh.

And I don't want to sound like a bore and keep going on about value, but what if there is value in leaving your bets on till the end?
Original post by pane123
I did have every bet recorded, but thanks to a hard drive disaster I lost most. I create a new spreadsheet for every day of betting, so would be able to throw something together if you fancy a look. January was a disaster and I eventually stopped betting until the weather improved, but I should still have over 1,000 bets recorded.

that's interesting...

no obligation to show but if you want just pm, would be pretty cool.

I'm only really badgering people on here so that they think critically about their betting (and lifestyle in some cases) because i've been on both sides (and the baller who spends money like water; but not on girls tbh). All good fun but doesn't last forever
you were obviously doing it wrong :wink:

I played the same numbers each week. Guess I wasn't destined to be a 'lotto millionaire'!!!
Original post by pane123
I'm not a fan of strategies tbh.

And I don't want to sound like a bore and keep going on about value, but what if there is value in leaving your bets on till the end?

Depending on how the team is playing I do that. You make more money.

But if I feel the team I have put more on is going to conceed, I cash in.
Does anyone know what the money line is in basketball?
Miami Heat/Boston Celtics/Atlanta Hawks there all in play...... I will take the heat when the line goes to -4 from -6, so a simple possession change will influence my bets....boston -2.5 to -1.5 and the atlanta -3 to -2....the beauty of possession changes in basketball on 365 or PP
Does anyone know what the money line is in basketball?

Its the match bet, an american term.
Original post by SloaneRanger
Its the match bet, an american term.

so its basically who wins the match outright?

Think im going for the knicks tonight
Someone needs to call OLLIE up and tell him that Rose isn't playing!
so its basically who wins the match outright?

Think im going for the knicks tonight

Yeah the moneyline is for them just to win including OT

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/chi-chicago-bulls-derrick-rose-miami-heat-20130327,0,7647942.story

got a feeling heat will win it.
got a feeling heat will win it.

Lebron wants to be bigger then Jordan not he could get this legacy...this is massive.
Gametime!!!
Gametime!!!

bulls are not all that - they rely on carlos boozer too much.
bulls are not all that - they rely on carlos boozer too much.

there relying on that over used bench and there going to have an off day. I hope it is tonight....I took the 3 i suggest not touching anything else....forget the Knicks.... 5 game winning streak has to broken and they have injuries themselves.
there relying on that over used bench and there going to have an off day. I hope it is tonight....I took the 3 i suggest not touching anything else....forget the Knicks.... 5 game winning streak has to broken and they have injuries themselves.

What are your bets.

Atlanta hawks are behind.
Celtics are ahead.

have 50 on the knicks to win the match.
(edited 11 years ago)
Hawks/Celtics and Heat. I manage to the Hawks -2.5, Celtics (scratch) and the Heat - 2.5 all 10/11 at £100 per line.

Atlanta won easily....
Boston inplay down by 1 with 9 seconds left.
Heat down by 9 HT.
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending