The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

LOL, loved that Denver game, Durrant was so off the boil the starting line at 10.5 was way to high for a team thats won 46 or so games. As for the Clippers they were fouled out early into the 3rd.....Nice Bets.
Original post by SloaneRanger
LOL, loved that Denver game, Durrant was so off the boil the starting line at 10.5 was way to high for a team thats won 46 or so games. As for the Clippers they were fouled out early into the 3rd.....Nice Bets.

Yeah - no idea why the odds were so good for denver - was looking at them thinking, wtf, given that they beat Chicago bulls last week.

Clippers played really well tbh. Decided to hedge it. Surprised the Kings won - they were terrible defensively.
(edited 11 years ago)
Recounted all my bets, looks like I have made 1k.

Is there a quicker way to do this in william hill, rather then manually.
William hill have told me this:

Your total staked is 6254.97 and your total returns is 7279.36

Does this mean I have won 1k in total?
Reply 144
Original post by fat_hobbit
William hill have told me this:

Your total staked is 6254.97 and your total returns is 7279.36

Does this mean I have won 1k in total?

Seems that way. Congrats. :smile:
Yeah I have luck mate

Well from the post I quoted it is likely to be the case :smile:

Ah well, we shall never know. Congrats on being up though

EDIT:

put up or pm me your 6254 worth of stakes and i'll do a statistical analysis on it to see whether you are lucky or whether you might have an edge. Would take me about an hour and gives me a chance to practice maths. If not glglgl with your next bets.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Stevo112
Well from the post I quoted it is likely to be the case :smile:

Ah well, we shall never know. Congrats on being up though

EDIT:

put up or pm me your 6254 worth of stakes and i'll do a statistical analysis on it to see whether you are lucky or whether you might have an edge. Would take me about an hour and gives me a chance to practice maths. If not glglgl with your next bets.

You must be so bored lol.
Original post by pinda.college
You must be so bored lol.

i am lol
Best thing is to just send an email to customer relations they will do all that stuff for you and email you the breakdown, saves a lot of headache. I do it at least once a month to see P&L...

I wish that Hills did something like BWIN, you get points for each pound you bet and they work towards like rewards e.g. an Ipad, Macbook...or anything!
(edited 11 years ago)
Dropped down to 785 from 1040.

Had a bad run, miami heat messed me up!

Think I will quit whilst I am ahead.
(edited 11 years ago)

Can't blame you for taking a larger spread on the heat, its 24 wins now and they came back from 27... clippers having a bounce back night hopefully the 4th quarter holds the spread.
You made a heads up call with the Heat, there tough games are Boston/San Antonio and Chicago to beat the record.
(edited 11 years ago)
Can't blame you for taking a larger spread on the heat, its 24 wins now and they came back from 27... clippers having a bounce back night hopefully the 4th quarter holds the spread.
You made a heads up call with the Heat, there tough games are Boston/San Antonio and Chicago to beat the record.

utter bull**** tbh, still cant believe they came back.

took ages to get to the 1k mark
Reply 152
What an idiot!!! i will never gamble, ever!!!

Back up to 803.

This **** is hard work.

Anyone here got any decent betting tips?
(edited 11 years ago)
Back up to 803.

This **** is hard work.

Anyone here got any decent betting tips?

Researching as we speak for tonight, I tend to look at this people take this streak business really seriously

http://streak.espn.go.com/en/

and the forums... on each game.
Reply 155
You need to ask yourself why you are gambling.

Because it's entertaining?

Because you are desperate for money?

Because you are enticed by the unknown?

Because you think it's cool.

Because you are bored?
Original post by Stevo72

Because you are bored?

Thrill of it of outsmarting someone and its also very handy socially especially on weekends with football, personally im not a big football fan.... But these questions should be more or less put to OLILEAKE!
Original post by Stevo72

Because you are bored?

I always find that I lose my most money gambling when I am desperate for cash.

In contrast I win my most when I am not, I guess its true what they say - when you have money you make money.:colondollar:
What do you guys think of handicapping as a way of making money?

Its a good way of making money, but you really need to understand the market movement and the variables. Like imagine up to date sports knowledge and unless you in the industry, you would be surprised how much movement there is in for example in college football, moving a spread from +2.5. to +3.5 is a such a big movement....thats where vegas makes its money.
Best thing is to just send an email to customer relations they will do all that stuff for you and email you the breakdown, saves a lot of headache. I do it at least once a month to see P&L...

I wish that Hills did something like BWIN, you get points for each pound you bet and they work towards like rewards e.g. an Ipad, Macbook...or anything!

Because that will make you gamble more and give them more chance of you ultimately losing.

Latest

Trending

Trending