Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I have finished all my level 1 modules and will be starting level 2 soon, and just wanted to know how are the module results actually calculated?

I know for a distinction you need 85% on both OCAS and OES, but what about other grades? Is it an average of both scores?

ReputationRep:
    The thresholds are, I believe:
    40-55% = grade 4 pass
    55-70% = grade 3 pass
    70-85% = grade 2 pass
    85%+ = distinction

It's not an average of your OCAS/OES unfortunately; you have the get above the boundary for both of them. For example, if you get an OCAS of 86 and an OES of 66, you would only get a pass 3, even though the average of the two scores (76) would fall into the pass 2 boundaries (unfortunately those were my marks for M359 lol). If you get 86 in both OES and OCAS you're definitely getting a distinction in that module. There is some flexibility, depending on the module (and perhaps the performance of that year or something like that). I've had OES 82 and OCAS 90 and got a distinction, and also OES 80 and OCAS 85.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.