Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I always tell myself im gonna start revising tomorrow but it never happens because im always too busy completing the load of homework. Argh But im defo starting tomorrow, well hopefully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    Yes but I have no idea if it will pay off after those set of results, maybe I should revise less?
    I'd say so, short bursts with lots of breaks makes effective revision. (But not for maths, thats just about practice).

ReputationRep:
    I have 10 exams in June. I started revising properly february 1st

ReputationRep:
    I have 12 exams in May/June. I started revision in the Christmas holidays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LZS)
    I'm not sure, something to do with Economics, a job in the City. I chose irrelevant subjects for this though; Economics, English Language, ICT, Spanish and World Development.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    Kind of started, but need to do a lot more. Need to focus on all my subjects and not just maths and psychology! Need to start doing solid work from now on!

ReputationRep:
    I'm just doing notes after each lesson, plus homework/ questions. At the end of each chapter, making big " end of chapter notes" on the computer with lots of pretty pictures and more questions in some test form. Nearer exams I'll probably make posters too or something similar and read the notes. Hopefully this will improve my grades..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sara_A)
    I always tell myself im gonna start revising tomorrow but it never happens because im always too busy completing the load of homework. Argh But im defo starting tomorrow, well hopefully
    You just have to bite the bullet and get ontop of it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex-Torres)
    I'd say so, short bursts with lots of breaks makes effective revision. (But not for maths, thats just about practice).
    Yeah I think I might do that, though I believe it was my exam technique that let me down, do you know any websites with good exam technique etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PostgradMatt)
    Best of luck
    And you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Nalbandian14)
    You get nagged to do revision, my parents disapprove. They said I do too much, when in reality, I don't.
    On weekdays I revise 6 hours, and on weekends, around 12 hours to 15 hours - I know it isn't good to revise so much, especially all in one go, though I get complained at if I don't. Right now, my parents are in the next room, so I just secretly take breaks :] - I used to watch tv from the time I wake up until I sleep, but I cut it back to 40 mins a day at most

Edit: And I still get complained that I'm doing too little revision -.-

ReputationRep:
    C1 - B
    M1 - C
    S1 - D
    CHEM1 - C
    PHYA1 - C

I just don't know what happened! I was doing well in my mocks but was a lot slower and dumber in the real thing. I need to seriously practice my exam technique and simply perform on the day. Anybody got any tips on how to do this, like maybe doing past papers in unfamiliar environments or something?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to aim to do about 3 hours every weekday and about 5 every weekend day, we'll see how that goes though...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LZS)
    I'm going to aim to do about 3 hours every weekday and about 5 every weekend day, we'll see how that goes though...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I will be aiming for 48 hours at the weekend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madfish)
    Haha, just imagine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madfish)
    (Original post by LZS)
    Haha, just imagine

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For a second I thought it was real, after the outlandish times people propose.

For people planning on doing like 15 hours a day:
    a.) It won't be effective and you will learn little after the 3 hour mark
    b.) It's physically draining and then effects your ability to understand and absorb information the next day
    c.) GO OUTSIDE. It will help you clear your mind and feel inspired when you come back. A short walk will suffice, especially as the weather is getting nicer.

ReputationRep:

b.) It's physically draining and then effects your ability to understand and absorb information the next day
    c.) GO OUTSIDE. It will help you clear your mind and feel inspired when you come back. A short walk will suffice, especially as the weather is getting nicer.
    Depends...
    Going 12 hours is possible WITH breaks, at least 1 hour for every 2 hours imho.
    However doing ONLY 1 subject for 12 hours is deffo a no no!
    Mix and match, best route otherwise you may as well just do 1 hour work then that's it!

ReputationRep:

I have nothing against anything you just said, it all makes perfect sense apart from... "especially as the weather is getting nicer."
    It rained where I am all day today. Haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    <- 5? AS exams i have this summer, ill probably start the 'hardcore' revision during easter, heck we finished i estimate 60% of the PSYA2 unit D: xD

From my last year gcse year, i started revising well before easter and mainly on one subject (gahh religious studieees), so thats taught me not to start so early/focusly or ill burn out like last year =)

ReputationRep:
    I need to start. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.