Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

School Talent show - Guitar cover Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, here's my cover of Metallica's Orion at the school talent show
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaGkvyEQxG8

ReputationRep:
    That was pretty good. I'm not sure if it was the camera giving out or something sound quality related, or if it was a guitar stutter between 1:20 -1:58, but apart from that it was really solid.

Although if it was me, i'd learn something that is a bit more of an exhibitionist guitar piece, like Van Halen's Eruption, or Reb Beach's Black Magic.

Nice guitar too, I considered going for that Ibanez model for a while, but ended out buying a Charvel instead

ReputationRep:
    Hey, Thanks Yeah that was a problem with the camera, the volume keeps fading in and out and it's not very clear.

Haha, next time maybe. This was only my second time in front an audience so i didn't want something to difficult.

Yeah it's a good guitar had it for a few years now, I've never heard of Charvel, I'll take a look at those, do you have any covers?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Charvels are killer, i'd reccommend them to anybody. It's the 1st time they've built guitars since the 80's!

Stage fright is always worse when you're on your own, but usually I don't play live without a band. With a band it's usually better, mainly because I liked to be all bravado and pretend that I didn't give a damn. Stage fight is probably a good thing though. A respect for your audience of sorts.

And no , no covers, but i've been thinking about uploading some of my old band recordings to Youtube. I've got some scratch track demos up for my new guitarist to hear, but that's it, and they're kinda terrible because they go out of time and all sorts. I've been recovering from an accident where I ended up getting nerve damage in my hand. In parts, it's been like trying to learn again

ReputationRep:
    I really enjoyed it when it started to get going

ReputationRep:
    Some of there guitar look really nice.

I was pretty nervous this time, i was less nervous the first time i did, i think because the song starts off slow, last time i played part of Hallowed be thy name which gets straight into it so i didn't have time to think about my nerves.

Bad luck Hope you make a full recovery and can play fully.
    If you upload ill be sure to check them out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BC95)
    I really enjoyed it when it started to get going
    Cheers, glad you enjoyed it

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.