Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

What comedians have you seen live? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Michael McIntyre on his recent tour. Hopefully Russell Howard, Dara O'Briain and Milton Jones at some point.

ReputationRep:
    Michael McIntyre and Billy Connolly are the only ones I've seen live I think?

ReputationRep:
    I've seen Dara O Briain, who was awesome, and a number of comedians from the London circuit as part of Chatback Comedy Club, which is a comedy thing where I live (been to about four of them).

ReputationRep:
    I'm watching loads of Tim Minchin Videos at the moment. If you've seen him live I'm jealous!

ReputationRep:
    I've seen Michael McIntyre - not really my sense of humour anymore, but I really enjoyed it at the time.

I also saw Frankie Boyle - didn't really enjoy it as he was a little bit too offensive for my tastes.

I've also seen the Mighty Boosh live as well, which was fantastic, if that counts!

ReputationRep:
    I saw Bill Bailey about two years ago, so good!!

ReputationRep:
    Thought I'd bump up this old thread of mine. I haven't seen a comedian live since February! Though I've spotted one or two upcoming comedy gigs that might be worth booking tickets for. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    i've seen Michael mcintyre in Liester Square, but I wasnt sure if i liked him live. would love to see Jimmy Carr

ReputationRep:
    I've seen Milton Jones twice (very funny and I'm amazed he had enough material for about 1 1/2 hours of one liners!). I really want to see Dara O'Briain one day...

ReputationRep:
    Michael McIntyre quite a while ago, was really good when he was younger!

Milton Jones about a year ago, really funny - can't beat his one liners xD

ReputationRep:
    Seen Greg Davies and have Josh Widdicombe and Sean Walsh booked for September - really looking forward to it!!

ReputationRep:
    Micky Flanagan

I went to Latitude festival last year too and saw a few such as Shappi Khorsandi etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TattyBoJangles)
    Erm..

- Frankie Boyle
    - Rich Hall
    - Sarah Millican
    - Chris Ramsey
    - Russell Kane
    - Seann Walsh
    - Shappi Khorsandi
    - Omid Djalili
    - Milton Jones
    - Paul Merton

Have bumped into people like Al Murray and Mark Watson at the Edinburgh Fringe. Actually had a smoke with Seann Walsh and Shappi Khorsandi there :L

Then some other smaller ones at places such as Edinburgh Fringe and the Comedy Store.
    To add to this, I'm seeing Dylan Moran in July So excited!

ReputationRep:
    Tim Minchin, Bill Bailey, Dylan Moran, Steve Hughes, Robin Ince.

If we're counting collectives I've also seen The Mighty Boosh live and That Mitchell and Webb Look.

Really need to get myself to more comedy shows, but I always seem to hear about them once tickets are already sold out!

ReputationRep:
    Same seems to happen to me too. I saw Simon Amstell who's jokes I could relate to closely. His warm up act was a Scandinavian guy I think who was also hilarious though odd!

Really wanted to see Micky Flanagan who does amazing shows it seems but not been yet despite him announcing a massive tour and doing loads of London shows. Bad times.

ReputationRep:
    Greg Davies at his own show.
    Jimmy Carr, Jason Manford, Tim Minchin, and a couple of other people I can't remember at a charity show.
    Jon Richardson, Josh Widdicombe, Seann Walsh, Sara Pascoe and Paul Chowdry at a recording of Stand up for the Week.
    Jimmy Carr, Noel Fielding, David Mitchell, Richard Ayoade, Sarah Millican and Kevin Bridges at a recording of Big Fat Quiz of the 00's.
    And going to see Ten O'Clock live soon which has Jimmy Carr, David Mitchell, Lauren Laverne, Charlie Brooker.

Really want to see Michael Mcintyre and Russell Howard live but most comedians seem to be in London when I go back to uni.

ReputationRep:
    I once saw the chuckle brothers perform live when I was a little kid. Literally all I remember from it is them chucking a pie in someone's face :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Saw Lee Evans a while back - he was awsome:cool:

ReputationRep:
    I've just been compiling a list...I think my boyfriend and I need to attend a comedy gigs anonymous group as we have been to a LOT in the last three years! So far we have seen:

- Kevin Bridges,
    - Dara O' Briain,
    - Jason Manford,
    - Sarah Millican,
    - Stephen Merchant,
    - Lee Mack (sat right in front of him, got to shake his sweaty sweaty hand!!)
    - Milton Jones,
    - Michael McIntyre,
    - Jimmy Carr,
    - Ed Byrne,
    - Omid Djalil,
    - Lee Evans
    - Jon Richardson
    - Tim Minchin
    - Bill Bailey,
    - Steven Amos
    - Reginald D Hunter
    - John Bishop
    - Peter Kay
    - Andy Parsons

Upcoming for the rest of the year we have Russell Howard, Milton Jones (again) and Ardal O'Hanlon

Serious addiction!!

ReputationRep:
    Just saw Paul Merton's Impro Chums, it was great. I haven't booked for any future stand-up comedy shows, though there are some happening next year that do look interesting.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.