Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I am currently half way through my second year of biomedical science undergraduate degree.

I want to apply for postgrad medicine but have no clue which way to go about it.
    When do I apply?
    When do I need to start on my PS etc?
    Shall I wait for my year 2 results to come out then apply?
    When shall I take UKCAT or GAMSAT?
    Which unis do I wanna be looking at?

SO sorry for the overload.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k1234)
    When do I apply?
    You can apply at the start of your final year when the 2014 entry UCAS page opens to registrations.

When do I need to start on my PS etc?
    Sooner the better, no time like the present, but I'm guessing you'll need to amend it substantially over the next half year or so to accompany extra work experience and voluntary work.

Shall I wait for my year 2 results to come out then apply?
    You'll have to, per above.

When shall I take UKCAT or GAMSAT?
    Up to personal preference and where you want to study. Most use the UKCAT so you open up your options if you sit that, and it's also cheaper and generally considered 'easier' (though harder to study for, in my opinion).

If you want to go to Nottingham, SGUL, Swansea or study the 5-year at Exeter or Plymouth, you'll need the GAMSAT.

Which unis do I wanna be looking at?
    All of them, particularly those which suit your background academically and in terms of experience. Different uni's require different students from different backgrounds.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm in the same situation. Where are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJK91)
    You can apply at the start of your final year when the 2014 entry UCAS page opens to registrations.

Sooner the better, no time like the present, but I'm guessing you'll need to amend it substantially over the next half year or so to accompany extra work experience and voluntary work.

You'll have to, per above.

Up to personal preference and where you want to study. Most use the UKCAT so you open up your options if you sit that, and it's also cheaper and generally considered 'easier' (though harder to study for, in my opinion).

If you want to go to Nottingham, SGUL, Swansea or study the 5-year at Exeter or Plymouth, you'll need the GAMSAT.

All of them, particularly those which suit your background academically and in terms of experience. Different uni's require different students from different backgrounds.

Thank you so much for the very detailed reply!! sorry its a bit late on the gratitude!

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.