Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    I have some brand new superskinny jeans that aren't uncomfortably tight around the waist (as in, I can button them up and I don't have a muffin top going on) but I would like them to be looser. I read somewhere that you're actually supposed to buy jeans a bit tight because they'll stretch over time anyway, and if you buy a size that fits comfortably at first they can end up baggy (this has happened with all my jeans). How long will it take before mine stretch out?

ReputationRep:
    Bump?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

Impaitent much?

I doubt anybody has timed it tbh, though I find with mine they tend to get a bit tighter just after being washed and relax as I wear them so maybe wash them less often for a more permenant stretch.

ReputationRep:
    Are they raw denim?

Raw denim (for example Naked and Famous, Unbranded, APC) will take time to stretch out. For example when i got my first pair of raws (unbranded because it was the cheapest), i couldn't even button the top button. It took about a month of wear before they became properly comfortable.

Give it a week, and wear them regularly. Keep in mind that washing them often will shrink them.

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.