Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

How to get a toned bum and belly Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyMilly)
    My diet has got a bit rubbish since I came to uni im trying to limit myself too one 'bad' treat a day so like today I had fish and chips for lunch but brown rice and veg for dinner or do you think even having fatty foods once a day is bad?
    I suppose it depends how fatty really, a proper greasey kebab every day is probably really bad lol it is also about portion control (my biggest problem!) so a massive portion of fish and chips is worse than a small/medium portion.

I think you're best bet is just to make sure you have a balanced diet.

Try looking on this wedsite for tips!

http://www.nhs.uk/Change4Life/Pages/healthy-eating.aspx

xxx

ReputationRep:
    You need a good diet and the bad news is you can't drop fat from certain areas - you have to do everywhere.
    So just do cardio and squats, and then eat a clean, 1300 calorie diet of little carbs, lots of protein.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jami...t-trainer.html

ReputationRep:
    SS + GOMAD.........huehuehue

On a more serious note you need to have a caloric deficit (by toned I guess you mean six pack of some sort?) So diet should be a top priority.

For bum? Squats. Squats. Squats. One of greatest exercises out there.

Oh and dont forget cardio, that will help aot. (Infact you may just need a caloric deficit and cardio to achieve your goal).

Oh yeah and squats.

ReputationRep:
    count your calories and always stay at a deficit.

do some cardio, squats and deadlifts.

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant I will try that thankyou for your help!!
    For the love of god please use some weights....even if it is just a rucksack with lots of your heaviest books in.

ReputationRep:
    I suggest watching 'blogilates' youtube channel, she has four videos called Victorias Secret workout and they're great! Her other videos are great as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ESPORTIVA)
    SS + GOMAD.........huehuehue

On a more serious note you need to have a caloric deficit (by toned I guess you mean six pack of some sort?) So diet should be a top priority.

For bum? Squats. Squats. Squats. One of greatest exercises out there.

Oh and dont forget cardio, that will help aot. (Infact you may just need a caloric deficit and cardio to achieve your goal).

Oh yeah and squats.
    im going to sound stupid but what is caloric deficit??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeyThereAbby)
    I suggest watching 'blogilates' youtube channel, she has four videos called Victorias Secret workout and they're great! Her other videos are great as well
    These are amazing thankyou !!

ReputationRep:
    im going to sound stupid but what is caloric deficit??
    Calorie output (from exercise, living) being bigger than your calorie input (from eating/drinking)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by penguinsrcool)
    squat

+1

ReputationRep:
    Hey

Recently since starting uni ive put on a bit of weight, I would however like to tone up my bum and tummy. I would love to a washboard tummy and toned bum I know this would be alot of work but its a goal Id like to work towards.

The only thing is I have no idea what exercies to do etc so any advice would be great

thankyou
    This may be a bit of-topic. But just remember, that yes it is nice to see a girl that takes care of herself and does some exercise, then again, you don't look like the kind of girl that would need to over do it. It is not all about the ass....

ReputationRep:
    My bum is getting pretty big now...I expect in a year or two it will become comedy big.

ReputationRep:
    Hey

Recently since starting uni ive put on a bit of weight, I would however like to tone up my bum and tummy. I would love to a washboard tummy and toned bum I know this would be alot of work but its a goal Id like to work towards.

The only thing is I have no idea what exercies to do etc so any advice would be great

thankyou
    A work out that involves something along these lines might see you tone up quite a lot. But it doesn't JUST happen. It's hard work!

Monday: Legs and bum
    Squats then some High intensity interval running. To be toned, you basically need to put on some muscle. But don't worry, no matter how long you lift for, you won't look like the hulk! Girls lack testosterone so can't build muscle as much as men can.

Wednesday: Boobs, arms and tummy
    Bench and arms as well as some core exercises

Friday: Shoulders and back (and bum)
    Dumbbell shoulder press and deadlifts then some high intensity interval training.

Aim for about 8-15 repetitions for every exercise. And as many as you can do on the core exercises.

Something along these lines will see you increase your muscle tone a lot and your body will look A LOT better within 2 months! Do some other random exercises that relate to the body part you are exercising and that's pretty much it. It looks simple and it is, just stay committed.

Eat well, buy some whey protein. Drink one or two of those a day. Eat chicken, pasta, rice, fish, vegetables, fruit. Just anything that's 'good for you'. Have a day off once every 2 weeks where you can eat what ever you want and not feel bad.

Don't be scared of weights. They are the things that will make you look the way you want. Cardio is only useful in burning fat off, not so much for muscle building (which is what you want for the toned look)

Good luck. Stay committed

ALSO: www.myfitnesspal.com this is a website where you can track what you are eating. It's really useful for that. You can store your exercises but I don't use that so much.
    Aim to eat about 1g of protein for every 1pound you weigh: e.g I weight 178 pounds so I aim to eat over that.
    Carbohydrates are not to be feared either, you need these to fuel your workouts. Aim to eat about 1.5g for every 1pound you weigh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    You need a good diet and the bad news is you can't drop fat from certain areas - you have to do everywhere.
    So just do cardio and squats, and then eat a clean, 1300 calorie diet of little carbs, lots of protein.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jami...t-trainer.html
    1300 calories?? is that enough to not make you tired and ill >?

ReputationRep:
    Lose the fat and do strength training. Squats should help your bum.

ReputationRep:
    1300 calories?? is that enough to not make you tired and ill >?
    If your diet is high in protein and you eat the right carbs, it is perfectly fine. Makes you wonder where they (NHS) got the "2000 a day" figure from doesn't it...

ReputationRep:
    If your diet is high in protein and you eat the right carbs, it is perfectly fine. Makes you wonder where they (NHS) got the "2000 a day" figure from doesn't it...
    1,300 is just a random figure you have plucked from thin air. How many calories you need is dependant on your activity levels, height, muscle:fat ratio and much more. I need about 2300cals a day to maintain my weight, for example. I eat about 2600 when trying to gain muscle and around 2000 when trying to lose weight.

Be careful just doling out random numbers, 1,300 is a pretty low number of calories, especially if you have a decent level of activity.

OP, I would suggest increasing your activity levels first and then trying to sort your diet out. It can often be too much to get everything sorted at once. I used about a year to get into a training routine before I even started thinking about trying to make significant changes to my diet in order to lose fat.

I compete in weightlifting so all my workouts are made up of heavy barbell-based exercises. When I changed my diet I increased my intake of vegetables and lean protein and lowered my intake of starchy carbohydrates (pasta, bread, white potatoes, rice etc). I still eat those things but probably about once a week and not at all in the lead up to a competition.

I'm not saying that what I do is good for everyone, but it has helped me lose 2-3 dress sizes in the course of 2 years, lowered my blood pressure and stress levels and just generally made my life awesome.

TL;DR - train regularly first, sort diet later. Lean proteins + lots of veg + not too many starchy carbs = good..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    1,300 is just a random figure you have plucked from thin air. How many calories you need is dependant on your activity levels, height, muscle:fat ratio and much more. I need about 2300cals a day to maintain my weight, for example. I eat about 2600 when trying to gain muscle and around 2000 when trying to lose weight.

Be careful just doling out random numbers, 1,300 is a pretty low number of calories, especially if you have a decent level of activity.

OP, I would suggest increasing your activity levels first and then trying to sort your diet out. It can often be too much to get everything sorted at once. I used about a year to get into a training routine before I even started thinking about trying to make significant changes to my diet in order to lose fat.

I compete in weightlifting so all my workouts are made up of heavy barbell-based exercises. When I changed my diet I increased my intake of vegetables and lean protein and lowered my intake of starchy carbohydrates (pasta, bread, white potatoes, rice etc). I still eat those things but probably about once a week and not at all in the lead up to a competition.

I'm not saying that what I do is good for everyone, but it has helped me lose 2-3 dress sizes in the course of 2 years, lowered my blood pressure and stress levels and just generally made my life awesome.

TL;DR - train regularly first, sort diet later. Lean proteins + lots of veg + not too many starchy carbs = good..
    No - it is a number given by the pro fitness instructor I linked earlier.
    2300 cals of a clean diet simply to maintain your weight means you are either massive or eating a bad diet, and 2600 is a massive amount for a girl to bulk on. What are you eating exactly?!

ReputationRep:
    I have the best bum on TSR and the way to get a good bum is

Squats
    Deadlifts
    Lunges
    Sprints

It is that simple. I am also prepared to battle anyone in a bum off!

ReputationRep:
    No - it is a number given by the pro fitness instructor I linked earlier.
    2300 cals of a clean diet simply to maintain your weight means you are either massive or eating a bad diet, and 2600 is a massive amount for a girl to bulk on. What are you eating exactly?!
    I am neither. I weigh between 68 and 71kg and am 166cm tall.

I eat a varied diet, but as an example what I ate yesterday was: skyr and milk for breakfast with a cup of tea, a banana, an apple. Lunch was a slice of bread with this thing called a karbonade (a bit like a burger, but made with lean mince), 2 slices of crisp bread - one with prawns in mayo and one with salami, some mixed nuts, a huge bowl of venison stew with carrot, turnip and celeriac mash and some quark for dessert.

On training days I will have more milk and often a protein shake.

I train 4-6 times a week lifting heavy weights.

Where did your pro trainer get the 1300 cals figure from?

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.