The Student Room Group

PY4 is so ******* hard!

I have three exams in the Summer, two of them I should do well in but I'm petrified for PY4!

My results so far have been:

1. PY1 - B - 61/80
2. PY2 - B - 88/120
3. PY3 - B - 61/80 (pending remark)

The position I'm in is

PY3
A - 110/120 needed
B - 70/120 needed
C - 30-120 needed

I won't lie, I'm pretty disappointed with my performance in those exams and I'm currently dreading the upcoming exam. When aiming for a B, I have a complete lack of motivation. But an A seems so out of reach now.

I don't really needed Psychology as part of my standing Uni offer, I really feel like just giving up on trying. I know my revision is going to be mostly PY4 essays - learning 20 of them, and they're 25 marks!

Anyway, can anyone give me some advice on revising for PY4?

And I'm confused. Am I correct in thinking AO1 is writing a theory for example

Bartlett believes that relationships are formed blah blah blah

And then evaluate each theory?

What structure can I use? :/
Reply 1
bump
no its not
Reply 3
lol. good luck to you.
Reply 4
Original post by penguinsrcool
no its not

Thanks for that, I'm now confident I can go into the exam and get an A*

Original post by MOTORMADX
lol. good luck to you.

Cheers :smile:
pffft try doing an actual science!!

O.j :P
Reply 6
Original post by IShouldBeRevising_
pffft try doing an actual science!!

O.j :P

I would rather do so, than learn a total of 20 12 mark essays, 5 15 mark essays, 50 12 mark essays and 20 25 mark essays for one sibject! -.-
Original post by Miracle Day
I would rather do so, than learn a total of 20 12 mark essays, 5 15 mark essays, 50 12 mark essays and 20 25 mark essays for one sibject! -.-

Yeah sounds rough, good luck :smile:
I don't do AQA, I did Edexcel and on their unit 4 exam I got 110 / 120 and I got this through general tips that can be applied to all of your A-Levels.

After a lesson, make additional notes to the ones you made in lesson and make sure you know them. Then answer some exam questions on the top you've done.

I do pretty much the above and whilst it takes forever (about 1.5 hours for each 1 hour lesson) I know it all (as well as that I've learned out of lesson) by the end of it.

A-Levels hard and good grades in the are only attainable with hard work, perseverance and sacrifices (more socially than of a lamb).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending