Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    I was in a nightclub recently and something didn't seem quite right. Then I realised that all the girls in the nightclub were wearing shorts. :eek: Or one or two in leggings.

Just a couple of years ago all the girls used to wear skirts or dresses.

It's kind of like the world has suddenly changed from being boob obsessed to butt obsessed.

I think it's a good look. But how did it all happen? I blame Miley Cyrus and also the films Coyote Ugly and Dukes of Hazard.

I don't like change.

What's your opinion?

ReputationRep:
    I see most girls in shorts day to day and most girls in dresses and skirts on nights out :dontknow: Then again, I often wear jeans so...

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's a southern thing. It'll probably catch on in the North in a couple of years.

ReputationRep:
    Girls wear whatever now - you'll always get the high heels and dresses, as well as tiny shorts and skirts, or leggings, etc. It's a lot more acceptable to not have to dress up to the nines anymore

ReputationRep:
    When I go out I usually wear denim shorts, a top and flats...so do most of my friends. These days if I see a girl dressed up to the nines in a bodycon dress and 5inch heels on a saturday night in the union I just laugh.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Uhm, I wear shorts when out. But definitely no butt cheek in sight! And with tights. Something like this:

Name:  05f77c7320a7ef1e58ee39fc78c9e4ec.jpg
Views: 1862
Size:  21.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    It depends where you go. In some places me and my friends wear dresses and heels etc, but in places that play more 'indie' music we wear shorts/tights/vans etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noobynoo)
    I was in a nightclub recently and something didn't seem quite right. Then I realised that all the girls in the nightclub were wearing shorts. :eek: Or one or two in leggings.

Just a couple of years ago all the girls used to wear skirts or dresses.

It's kind of like the world has suddenly changed from being boob obsessed to butt obsessed.

I think it's a good look. But how did it all happen? I blame Miley Cyrus and also the films Coyote Ugly and Dukes of Hazard.

I don't like change.

What's your opinion?
    This struck a chord with me, it all seems to be about bums these days, unfortunately my bum is not my best asset at all. I'm lucky that my boyfriend is a boobs man but I do wish there were more out there.

As for shorts, I only became confident enough to wear them above knee length last summer and I could never wear tight or hot pant style shorts, and I haven't been to a club in while but when I did I mostly wore jeans or the occasional dress, I don't think I owned any shorts back then.

ReputationRep:
    Girls want to be more ****gy nowadays as they use dicks as emotional pacifiers due to crappy parenting.

ReputationRep:
    I wear shorts when I go out, a lot of people tend to although I wouldn't if I was to go to a classy London club.

ReputationRep:
    I personally don't like it. Shorts are fine but when their ass is out. Omg why do you need the shorts in that case? Just go in your underwear. It will probably cover more!!

I'm not saying I don't wear sexy little skirts when I'm out but my ass is covered!!! This really irritate me because they all look like ****s. I also don't like when they have a see threw top on and a bra. Just go out in your bra!!

They leave nothing to the imagination. They look awful. You can look nice without getting your tits fanny or arse out!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm truly expecting next years fashion to just be a thong and a t-shirt.

ReputationRep:
    Every time I have been out I have only seen girls wearing short skirts or dress (either see through or not) and the odd one with leggings/tights on, not really seen girls wearing shorts/ short shorts. When I go out I always wear a skirt or a dress but then again I not really into wearing shorts

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.