Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    At the moment i am in S4 and i am away to select my course choices for S5. i have already decided that i am going to take higher maths, English, modern studies and art as i have 1s at standard grade and As at Int2 in my prelims. That leaves me with one more column left to choose between higher French, Business management or accounting. Out of those choices the only one that i have done at standard grade is french, and although i have an overall grade two at that at the moment, i dont particularly want to do it at higher because its not a subject i enjoy much. so that leaves me with business and accounting. if i did these i would have to crash higher them as i did not take them at standard grade. at the moment i am doing standard grade computing and i get grade 1s/2s in that, however i cant take it at higher as it is in the same column as another higher im taking, but im wondering if a credit computing pass would help me with business or accounting crash higher (the knowledge side). im also wondering if business or accounting crash highers are a good idea in fifth year considering the how much hard work highers appear to involve, would it be a better idea to wait until 6th year when i will have more free periods for revision etc?

ReputationRep:
    If its administration rather than computing that you've taken then that is very much alike the business management course. Even if not, business management is a theory-based course, so if you are good at retaining information, memorising it all for the exams then you'd be absolutely fine in this Higher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miz_sam)
    At the moment i am in S4 and i am away to select my course choices for S5. i have already decided that i am going to take higher maths, English, modern studies and art as i have 1s at standard grade and As at Int2 in my prelims. That leaves me with one more column left to choose between higher French, Business management or accounting. Out of those choices the only one that i have done at standard grade is french, and although i have an overall grade two at that at the moment, i dont particularly want to do it at higher because its not a subject i enjoy much. so that leaves me with business and accounting. if i did these i would have to crash higher them as i did not take them at standard grade. at the moment i am doing standard grade computing and i get grade 1s/2s in that, however i cant take it at higher as it is in the same column as another higher im taking, but im wondering if a credit computing pass would help me with business or accounting crash higher (the knowledge side). im also wondering if business or accounting crash highers are a good idea in fifth year considering the how much hard work highers appear to involve, would it be a better idea to wait until 6th year when i will have more free periods for revision etc?
    I've not sat any of them, but in my experience Higher Accounts and Business Management - the latter especially - tend ti be taught to candidates who have no experience in the subject. While this is just my observation from my school, I think you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    i do higher french, it's not that much harder than int 2 (apart from the writing part of the exam and the majority of the course is to do with grammar/tenses). i did accounts in fourth year and it was awful, and that was standard grade. at our school accounts isn't available as a crash subject, but business management is - a lot of my friends crashed it and they all passed the prelim. it's meant to be quite crash-able, and a lot of it is just general knowledge. so if i was you, i'd definitely go with higher french or business management

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.