Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    hey, I got my AS results for sociology and media back today and they weren't good...
    Media - D
    Sociology - U
    The thing is I really like media and I thought I was doing okay but I guess not...
    I just want to drop sociology if that's possible because I'm not learning anything in the classes and I'm only really doing it because we had to do 4 subjects...

Anyways, we were given revision guide for English and Media today and I've already started reading the English one page by page but by the question bit I've already forgot most of it again...
    Is there any other ways to revise??

PLEASE help... I want to do as well as possible but if I can't remember the stuff I'm revising I doubt I'll do well at all...

ReputationRep:
    Don't just read things!

If you do something with what you're reading that makes you process it - like summarising it, making a mind map, or even explaining it to someone else then you will learn a *million* times better than just by reading!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bookshop13)
    Don't just read things!

If you do something with what you're reading that makes you process it - like summarising it, making a mind map, or even explaining it to someone else then you will learn a *million* times better than just by reading!
    Thank you for the suggestions I will definatley try them!

ReputationRep:
    *definitely

No problem. FWIW I love Coggle, which is an online spider diagram/mind map thing, but you just need to try a few things and stick at what works best for you!

ReputationRep:
    Watching this thread.

After today, I'll need to up my game.

ReputationRep:
    *definitely

No problem. FWIW I love Coggle, which is an online spider diagram/mind map thing, but you just need to try a few things and stick at what works best for you!
    coggle?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by senz72)
    Watching this thread.

After today, I'll need to up my game.
    did you get bad grades too?

ReputationRep:
    I got 69/100 in media thats a C 1 off a B lol. just practice the questions thats really it tbh

ReputationRep:
    Aint nobody got time for essay based subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LillyLisa)
    did you get bad grades too?
    Okay grades but in comparison with other members at my school, not too well.

ReputationRep:
    I do loads of things to try make sure I remember at least one! Ill start with notes running along side the module to ensure I keep on top of it, then mind maps coming close to the exam and flash cards which I'm go over everyday ideally! In the days running up I do silly things like make recordings of myself recording key things and listening to them everywhere and anywhere! The on the exam day I will go over the mind maps and flash cards then listen to the audio! My policy is the more you do and the wider variety the greater chance you'll remember! It becomes a bit tedious revisiting things all the time but it works!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't just read things!

Scrap that, A Gazzillion times better.
    Even if it's just making notes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LillyLisa)
    coggle?
    linky: http://coggle.it

But try a few things, and if something isn't working try a different approach!

ReputationRep:
    Cheers for posting about this ' coggle' will defoo have look now. If I'm trying to learn something new how am I meant to process it straight away if I'm only just practising it ?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2185709

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.