Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, hope you guys all heard good news from the universities you applied to/your gap year planning is going well.
    Anyway, I wanted to ask you guys what your CAS coordinators told you about your reflections. Mine told me that I needed one for every 1-2 hours of activity but when I looked online for some help, all I could find was something on a final CAS essay/reflection and nothing on short paragraphs of reflections. I don't know if all of you know about ManageBac (I know that some of you do) but we are supposed to upload short reflections (usually like a paragraph or two) on there. I've seen one other post on TSR where their coordinator told them to write one for every 10 hours of activity, which I think is much more manageable: it's really hard to write what lessons about life we learned per every two hours of the same activity, since it's pretty much repetitive.
    So all these contradicting info is confusing me and I just need some help clarifying it all - especially with the deadline being so close.

ReputationRep:
    My co-ordinator always had us write reflections for everything we'd done in each quarter (since at my school we do 4 9-week quarters), not for a certain number of hours. I would say just write one for every activity you do once you finish it, and for longer activities write one every month or so. The best thing to do would be to talk with your CAS co-ordinator and find a time-frame that's reasonable for both of you.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on how many hours the activity has and how many learning outcomes you have put. For me, on average, I put at least 2 reflections for one learning outcome for each activity between 10 - 20 hours. One reflection can have two learning outcomes so that's fine.
    For the CAS project, I would recommend 8 - 10 reflections at least (5 for each outcome)

The more hours (and the more overlap between two areas of CAS for example creativity and service), the more reflections.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.