The Student Room Group

Medicine at Masaryk University in Brno (Czech Republic)

Poll

Medicine or Dentistry?

Hi, is anyone applying to Masaryk University for medicine or dentistry? I've got my entrance exam in June and wondering if anyone else is considering that university? :bigsmile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am thinking about applying to that institute. Where are you from ?
Reply 2
Original post by rainbowsxyz
Hi, is anyone applying to Masaryk University for medicine or dentistry? I've got my entrance exam in June and wondering if anyone else is considering that university? :bigsmile:

Hello! I'm applying too, what are you going for medicine or dentistry? Are you planning on living in halls or finding private accommodation?
Reply 3
Hiya I'm will be applying for either dentistry or medicine. Are you flying out to Brno to do the exam? I am doing my exam in London in July. Planning to live in halls for the 1st year - hoping to fly out in Aug to have a look at the Masaryk Uni.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by hmaker
Hiya I'm will be applying for either dentistry or medicine. Are you flying out to Brno to do the exam? I am doing my exam in London in July. Planning to live in halls for the 1st year - hoping to fly out in Aug to have a look at the Masaryk Uni.

Oh cool I'm applying for dentistry :biggrin:
I'm going to do mine in London too, I don't want to live in halls because they don't have en-suite rooms lol so I'll be looking for private accommodation :/
Reply 5
To be honest I need to look into halls- if no en-suite may have to change my plans. Are you been to visit Masaryk uni?
Reply 6
Hello! I'm apply to Masaryk for medicine and will be taking the exam in June (i think) :smile: I too have heard the halls aren't very nice so am contemplating other options. I've seen on other threads from previous years that there is an option for what we would probably call private halls...not really sure though! If anyone has any info please let me know!
Reply 7
Original post by Reelberg93
Hello! I'm applying too, what are you going for medicine or dentistry? Are you planning on living in halls or finding private accommodation?

oh great! I'm hoping to do Medicine :biggrin:
I won't be going for halls, most likely private accommodation lol, I don't like how they cram 4-6 people in one room at uni halls :eek:
how about you?
Reply 8
Original post by dent89
I am thinking about applying to that institute. Where are you from ?

I live in the UK :smile:
Reply 9
Hey was just wondering, is the Dental degree accreditied and acknowledged by the GDC? Also will you have to learn the language for the clinical years? No info is provided on the site
Reply 10
Original post by Kalim Smith
Hey was just wondering, is the Dental degree accreditied and acknowledged by the GDC? Also will you have to learn the language for the clinical years? No info is provided on the site

Yup they are all accredited by the GDC and yeah i think i read on their website you will have to learn their native language!
Reply 11
Original post by Np18
Hello! I'm apply to Masaryk for medicine and will be taking the exam in June (i think) :smile: I too have heard the halls aren't very nice so am contemplating other options. I've seen on other threads from previous years that there is an option for what we would probably call private halls...not really sure though! If anyone has any info please let me know!

Just notice are you from Northamptonshire?! My neck of the woods! lol

Have you sen toff your application?
Reply 12
Original post by dent89
Just notice are you from Northamptonshire?! My neck of the woods! lol

Have you sen toff your application?

Yes i am! :smile: i have sent off my application have you?
Can you get loans and grants if you study medicine abroad as you would in the UK or does money need to be payed up front?
Reply 14
Hi guys ive applied to masaryk aswell for dentistry just wondering how to do the exams in the uk?? thanks again! :smile:
Original post by Np18

Hey how did you send off your application? Was it through an agency or site?
Reply 16
Original post by Np18

Small world! Not yet I have the documents to fill in though, whats your story why are you applying abroad anyway?

I am a graduate with a biomed degree so tried to get into dentistry via graduate entry which proved difficult so I am applying to the Czech.

Nice meeting you too! Good to know someone locally thinking the same lol
Reply 17
Original post by Kalim Smith
Hey how did you send off your application? Was it through an agency or site?

Hey, I went through an agency (Abbey college) the website is cmucas.com I have a friend who is a 2nd yr at masaryk and went through them as well!
Reply 18
Original post by dent89
Small world! Not yet I have the documents to fill in though, whats your story why are you applying abroad anyway?

I am a graduate with a biomed degree so tried to get into dentistry via graduate entry which proved difficult so I am applying to the Czech.

Nice meeting you too! Good to know someone locally thinking the same lol

I know! I think there are 3 people from Northampton on this thread lol I am also a graduate did biomed and was initially deciding between a MSc or med by the time I was sure it was way past the oct deadline so thought instead of waiting another year then applying I should go abroad as both would take 6 years! :smile: plus I lie the idea of living abroad I guess living in Northamptonshire you might understand why lol

do you intend to do the revision courses available?
Reply 19
Hey guys, I'm also applying to do dentistry, has anybody got any idea's about the entrance exams...do they cover A-level content?

Quick Reply