Medicine at Masaryk University in Brno (Czech Republic)

Watch
Poll: Medicine or Dentistry?
Medicine (74)
83.15%
Dentistry (15)
16.85%
rainbowsxyz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi, is anyone applying to Masaryk University for medicine or dentistry? I've got my entrance exam in June and wondering if anyone else is considering that university? :bigsmile:
dent89
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I am thinking about applying to that institute. Where are you from ?
Reelberg93
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by rainbowsxyz)
Hi, is anyone applying to Masaryk University for medicine or dentistry? I've got my entrance exam in June and wondering if anyone else is considering that university? :bigsmile:
Hello! I'm applying too, what are you going for medicine or dentistry? Are you planning on living in halls or finding private accommodation?
hmaker
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hiya I'm will be applying for either dentistry or medicine. Are you flying out to Brno to do the exam? I am doing my exam in London in July. Planning to live in halls for the 1st year - hoping to fly out in Aug to have a look at the Masaryk Uni.
Reelberg93
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hmaker)
Hiya I'm will be applying for either dentistry or medicine. Are you flying out to Brno to do the exam? I am doing my exam in London in July. Planning to live in halls for the 1st year - hoping to fly out in Aug to have a look at the Masaryk Uni.
Oh cool I'm applying for dentistry
I'm going to do mine in London too, I don't want to live in halls because they don't have en-suite rooms lol so I'll be looking for private accommodation :/
hmaker
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
To be honest I need to look into halls- if no en-suite may have to change my plans. Are you been to visit Masaryk uni?
Np18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hello! I'm apply to Masaryk for medicine and will be taking the exam in June (i think) I too have heard the halls aren't very nice so am contemplating other options. I've seen on other threads from previous years that there is an option for what we would probably call private halls...not really sure though! If anyone has any info please let me know!
rainbowsxyz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reelberg93)
Hello! I'm applying too, what are you going for medicine or dentistry? Are you planning on living in halls or finding private accommodation?
oh great! I'm hoping to do Medicine
I won't be going for halls, most likely private accommodation lol, I don't like how they cram 4-6 people in one room at uni halls :eek:
how about you?
rainbowsxyz
Rep:
?
(Original post by dent89)
I am thinking about applying to that institute. Where are you from ?
I live in the UK
Kalim Smith
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey was just wondering, is the Dental degree accreditied and acknowledged by the GDC? Also will you have to learn the language for the clinical years? No info is provided on the site
128arin
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Kalim Smith)
Hey was just wondering, is the Dental degree accreditied and acknowledged by the GDC? Also will you have to learn the language for the clinical years? No info is provided on the site
Yup they are all accredited by the GDC and yeah i think i read on their website you will have to learn their native language!
dent89
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Np18)
Hello! I'm apply to Masaryk for medicine and will be taking the exam in June (i think) I too have heard the halls aren't very nice so am contemplating other options. I've seen on other threads from previous years that there is an option for what we would probably call private halls...not really sure though! If anyone has any info please let me know!
Just notice are you from Northamptonshire?! My neck of the woods! lol

Have you sen toff your application?
Np18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just notice are you from Northamptonshire?! My neck of the woods! lol

Have you sen toff your application?
Yes i am! i have sent off my application have you?
thegreenchildren
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Can you get loans and grants if you study medicine abroad as you would in the UK or does money need to be payed up front?
128arin
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi guys ive applied to masaryk aswell for dentistry just wondering how to do the exams in the uk?? thanks again!
Kalim Smith
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Np18)
Hey how did you send off your application? Was it through an agency or site?
dent89
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Np18)
Small world! Not yet I have the documents to fill in though, whats your story why are you applying abroad anyway?

I am a graduate with a biomed degree so tried to get into dentistry via graduate entry which proved difficult so I am applying to the Czech.

Nice meeting you too! Good to know someone locally thinking the same lol
Np18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Kalim Smith)
Hey how did you send off your application? Was it through an agency or site?
Hey, I went through an agency (Abbey college) the website is cmucas.com I have a friend who is a 2nd yr at masaryk and went through them as well!
Np18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Small world! Not yet I have the documents to fill in though, whats your story why are you applying abroad anyway?

I am a graduate with a biomed degree so tried to get into dentistry via graduate entry which proved difficult so I am applying to the Czech.

Nice meeting you too! Good to know someone locally thinking the same lol
I know! I think there are 3 people from Northampton on this thread lol I am also a graduate did biomed and was initially deciding between a MSc or med by the time I was sure it was way past the oct deadline so thought instead of waiting another year then applying I should go abroad as both would take 6 years! plus I lie the idea of living abroad I guess living in Northamptonshire you might understand why lol

do you intend to do the revision courses available?
JS9001
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey guys, I'm also applying to do dentistry, has anybody got any idea's about the entrance exams...do they cover A-level content?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (270)
15.54%
Uncertainty around my education (273)
15.71%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (174)
10.01%
Isolating with family (122)
7.02%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (78)
4.49%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (145)
8.34%
Loneliness (172)
9.9%
Financial worries (68)
3.91%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (158)
9.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (124)
7.13%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (154)
8.86%

Watched Threads