The Student Room Group

Medicine at Masaryk University in Brno (Czech Republic)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Hi,

I did the revision course with Abbey College in July this year so they should do a June and July session again next year. I applied around beginning May.

What I would suggest is to go to Abbey College London and buy their Bio, Chem and Phys/Maths book specified to Masaryk and spend the year revising their syllabus. Most info you need is in those books and they are not that big. The revision course should build up on everything. Chem and Bio are A-level and uni undergrad level to be honest. Their standard is a lot higher. Do all the past papers on the website. However if you choose Phys then only do the most recent papers as the structure changed (more theory less calculations).

Good luck.
Reply 141
Hi,

I did the revision course with Abbey College in July this year so they should do a June and July session again next year. I applied around beginning May.

What I would suggest is to go to Abbey College London and buy their Bio, Chem and Phys/Maths book specified to Masaryk and spend the year revising their syllabus. Most info you need is in those books and they are not that big. The revision course should build up on everything. Chem and Bio are A-level and uni undergrad level to be honest. Their standard is a lot higher. Do all the past papers on the website. However if you choose Phys then only do the most recent papers as the structure changed (more theory less calculations).

Good luck.
Reply 142
hey guys, i'm gonna sit the entrance exam for palacky on saturday and have a few questions. In the maths section ( i haven't done physics since gcse) is there any calculus involved? secondly what type of questions do they ask in the interview? i'd really appreciate it if anyone could reply :smile:
Original post by maazmania
hey guys, i'm gonna sit the entrance exam for palacky on saturday and have a few questions. In the maths section ( i haven't done physics since gcse) is there any calculus involved? secondly what type of questions do they ask in the interview? i'd really appreciate it if anyone could reply :smile:

Title of the thread: Medicine at Masaryk University in Brno (Czech Republic)

You are asking a question aboutPalacky University in Olomouc

2 different universities in 2 different cities.
Reply 144
Original post by Bunicornaces
Title of the thread: Medicine at Masaryk University in Brno (Czech Republic)

You are asking a question aboutPalacky University in Olomouc

2 different universities in 2 different cities.

sorry, do you know where the palacky university thread is?
Original post by maazmania
sorry, do you know where the palacky university thread is?

I don't think that there's one, you can always start one.
Original post by Np18
Hey, I went through an agency (Abbey college) the website is cmucas.com I have a friend who is a 2nd yr at masaryk and went through them as well!

hi why didnt you just do graduate entry in this country? Also what are the a level requirements and how much does it cost thanks
hey guys how do you apply for this course and also isn't it a massive load of hassle going to a foreign country and learning the language etc when you aren't guaranteed a job in this country anyway.
Original post by Guy Secretan
hey guys how do you apply for this course and also isn't it a massive load of hassle going to a foreign country and learning the language etc when you aren't guaranteed a job in this country anyway.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Applying_to_EU_medical_schools
Scroll down to Czech Republic and then Masaryk university. Pretty much everything you need to know about the school has been added.

You technically do Not need to learn the laguage if you don't want to, but it would probably be a good idea to get at least passing grades in your czech language exams during the pre-clinical years. Very few students (if any at all) actually intend to remain in the country after they get their degrees, most will go back to their home countries or to other countries around the world.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Applying_to_EU_medical_schools
Scroll down to Czech Republic and then Masaryk university. Pretty much everything you need to know about the school has been added.

You technically do Not need to learn the laguage if you don't want to, but it would probably be a good idea to get at least passing grades in your czech language exams during the pre-clinical years. Very few students (if any at all) actually intend to remain in the country after they get their degrees, most will go back to their home countries or to other countries around the world.

hi are you studying abroad also how are you funding it?
hi are you studying abroad also how are you funding it?

Yes and personal funds; all students have to personally fund their studies. However it is that that happens e.g. either out of your own pocket, your parents, family, etc, etc. But you wouldn't get any loans from the Czech government or from the UK if that's where you're coming from. Very few governments around the world actually fund their students to study abroad.
Yes and personal funds; all students have to personally fund their studies. However it is that that happens e.g. either out of your own pocket, your parents, family, etc, etc. But you wouldn't get any loans from the Czech government or from the UK if that's where you're coming from. Very few governments around the world actually fund their students to study abroad.

did they let you in with just a levels also how come you didn't just do graduate entry?
did they let you in with just a levels also how come you didn't just do graduate entry?

A-levels and I had to sit and pass the entrance exams, just like every other applicant. I didn't do graduate entry because I did not want to.
Hi guys, going to study med this year. Anyone else? Are there any facebook groups I can join?
Original post by HopefulMedic#1
Hi guys, going to study med this year. Anyone else? Are there any facebook groups I can join?

https://www.facebook.com/mimsa.cz
Reply 155
Hello every, i'm a medical student at Masaryk university. I'm in my first year, 2nd semester. If you have any questions about the school or the course, i'll be glad to help.
Do you know any unis in EU that offer funding? I recently heard that Bulgarian gov offers loans? do u know if its true?
Original post by achu123
Do you know any unis in EU that offer funding? I recently heard that Bulgarian gov offers loans? do u know if its true?

Generally speaking, Countries do not give student loans to students that are not citizens of that same country. The banks in certain countries that do (like you've already heard, Bulgaria) have pretty high interest rates to begin with and once the gratis period has passed, exorbitant interest rates and fines are added to the money that you already owe (once again, Bulgaria is a good example).
Unlike the UK where the fine is striken out after a long period of time has passed and you're unable to pay, this loan will never be stricken off, regardless of whether you finish your degree or not or whether or not you repeat semesters which were covered by loans
Reply 157
Original post by rainbowsxyz
Hi, is anyone applying to Masaryk University for medicine or dentistry? I've got my entrance exam in June and wondering if anyone else is considering that university? :bigsmile:

I want to apply but don't know how. All help in how to apply is welcome

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 158

How do you apply? And how is the enterance exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qari
How do you apply? And how is the enterance exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apply directly by going here http://is.muni.cz/prihlaska/?lang=en
Click on "Browse and select a field" and then choose "Bachelors and Master's". You should normally be able to select medicine or dentistry from the masters section, but you can't now because application cycle for next entry year doesn't open until 01/11/2013.

The entrance exams are the easiest exams you will probably ever sit in this uni.

Quick Reply

Latest