Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi there I am 30 next week and due to having my children very young I had to put my career on hold, I'm trying to find a access to nursing course in herts but don't know where to start I have 3 c gcse and nvq level 2 health and social care, I need a part time course as I have 3 children and also work full time as a home carer, any advice or links will be Mmuch appreciate d, I found a higher education course at stevenage college but only full time :-(

ReputationRep:
    Look at wwwwhatuni.com

Enter Nursing as a subject and then select Foundation courses from the 'Degree' drop down. You can also limit the search re. areas of the country etc. Also try Health as a subject. Then get on the phone and talk to the Unis/colleges about if the qualifications you have are enough for admission - or if not, what would be?

Also remember that the Open University offers Nursing and the whole OU scheme is designed for people exactly like you - http://www3.open.ac.uk/study/undergr...sing/index.htm Would an OU Certificate or similar course be enough to get you into a conventional Uni - phone some up and ask.

Good luck - hope it works out for you.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for response I'll look into that thankyou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephanieGregory)
    Hi there I am 30 next week and due to having my children very young I had to put my career on hold, I'm trying to find a access to nursing course in herts but don't know where to start I have 3 c gcse and nvq level 2 health and social care, I need a part time course as I have 3 children and also work full time as a home carer, any advice or links will be Mmuch appreciate d, I found a higher education course at stevenage college but only full time :-(
    As the other poster has said OU might be your best bet as you want to do the course part time.

Access is usually one year full time and very demanding, but it seems to becoming more and more the qualification of choice for universities for Nursing.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.