Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    So I'm in my second year of A Levels and got my jan exam results today...I've applied for psychology at university and got offers from all 5 of my choices. Haven't replied to them yet but up until today I was set on putting UCL (AAA) as my firm and either Brunel (AAB) or City University London (AAB) as my insurance.
    Last year I got AABa, the B being in maths which I continued with this year based on the fact that I moved schools at the end of yr 12 and had to drop anthropology despite getting an A because my new school didn't do it...anyway so these are my maths results for each module:

Core 1 - B
    Core 2 - B
    Stats 1 (retake) - A, collected today
    Core 3 - D, collected today
    Mechanics 1 - C, collected today

I know I can get a B overall fairly easily by getting a B in core 4 and retaking one other, but that would obviously mean missing my offer for UCL. This doesn't overly bother me as UCL was always a bit of a pipe dream and my other choices are perfectly decent unis...my questions is, is it still worth putting UCL as my firm when there's no way I'm going to achieve my offer? I've already decided I'm happy with a B so I'm not asking about how to get the A, I'm just confused about what to put as my firm/insurance now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xBrokenxSinx)

is it still worth putting UCL as my firm when there's no way I'm going to achieve my offer?
    Essentially, no. If there is no way you can meet the offer they've made you then its gone. What you *can* do is phone then and ask them if, given your new results, they are willing to amend the offer. Always worth a try.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.