Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Just curious, when I join the OS what do I get? Do I get a study pack or anything such as books etc or do I have to purchase them separate?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They'll send you the materials for each module you sign up for. Some modules are mostly or completely online (in which case obviously there's not much to send! although sometimes I've had to download software they've provided). Others have one or more coursebooks, which they send you. Some have materials for specific exercises or experiments. So, it depends a lot on what module it is, but basically they send you most of what you need - and the module description page will tell you if you need particular things e.g. any special equipment you need (for example, I did one module where you needed access to a printer and scanner for certain things).

ReputationRep:
    That's good to know then. Thanks. Are you allowed to do coursework on laptop or does it have to be handwritten?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dannyfleetwood)
    That's good to know then. Thanks. Are you allowed to do coursework on laptop or does it have to be handwritten?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pretty much all modules require assignments to be submitted online & typed. Some modules, mostly maths ones I think, have handwritten assignments that need to be posted. Exams are handwritten.

I don't think I would have had the patience to stick with the OU if I had to handwrite coursework! Haha. My OU exams are pretty much the only thing I've handwritten since secondary school lol.

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.