The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

To everyone who wanted the diagram: I managed to remember it. I'm scanning it in now and will PM you soon. :biggrin:
Original post by lizjames94
I got 144.67g for the iodine number :/

I got that too...should only lose 1 mark i think
Original post by manpyy
yeah :smile:

Sick. Very heavy calculation paper, suited me. Was 32 the mass on the mass spec question, to give methanol?
Reply 583
Original post by Dude Ranch
I did exactly what you did haha

How many marks do you think we'll get for that? Such an annoying mistake to make, must have used that equation thousands of times before...
Reply 584
Original post by Salmonidae
Sick. Very heavy calculation paper, suited me. Was 32 the mass on the mass spec question, to give methanol?

Yep

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Harantony
To everyone who wanted the diagram: I managed to remember it. I'm scanning it in now and will PM you soon. :biggrin:

Please can you PM me too :smile:
Original post by EdwinLo
How many marks do you think we'll get for that? Such an annoying mistake to make, must have used that equation thousands of times before...

There will be 1 mark for using the correct formula and we used the wrong one. There will be error carried forward so we'd only lose one mark.
Reply 587
Original post by Dude Ranch
I got that too...should only lose 1 mark i think

hopefully.. a few other people at my school got it too
Original post by super121
But we didn't know the Mr of the oil, and the skeletal structure on the page before wasn't of the oil (I checked as I was gonna do it that way). I defo think you'll get some marks for your working out though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seriously? Lool so why did they put it there then? oh we'll.. but I found the number of moles in the remaining iodine anyways, and specified the whole there's 6 c double bond c, and calculated the Mr of the iodine to react with that and got the x500 bit to scale it to 100g.. but anyways it's only 2-3 marks I may have lost ill get over it (eventually)
Reply 589

yeah i got that too, what did you get for the stationary phase i wrote vapour :s-smilie:
Stationary phase = in volatile liquid on solid support

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 591
what did everyone put for the glc questions?
Original post by Harantony

Yes please!
Original post by HTB
what did everyone put for the glc questions?

> inert gas
>Non-volatile liquid
>Retention time
:smile:
Reply 594
Original post by Futuristicmedic

Posted from TSR Mobile

damn i went over that the night before and still managed to get it wrong! ah well it was only one mark
Nice to not have many reactant questions. For some reason it completely escaped me that co2 is a green house gas and I wrote some *******s about it being an air pollutant haha.

What did people think of the question on CO2 solubility. I put about it only being able to form 2 hydrogen bonds so water can't surround it but that felt quite waffley.
Reply 596
Original post by Futuristicmedic

Posted from TSR Mobile

it's a non-volatile liquid, I put volatile liquid too though :frown:
Reply 597
what were the curly arrows like?????? don't think I got it right...
Original post by abzy1234
I'm sure you'll pick up one mark on that question.

Could you send the mechanism to me please? Cheers :smile:

Your message quota is full so I can't send it! Drop me a PM once you've deleted a few messages and I'll reply :smile:
Nice to not have many reactant questions. For some reason it completely escaped me that co2 is a green house gas and I wrote some *******s about it being an air pollutant haha.

What did people think of the question on CO2 solubility. I put about it only being able to form 2 hydrogen bonds so water can't surround it but that felt quite waffley.

I put to dissolve the H bonds in water need to be broken. And that the C-O bonds are weaker than o-H because of electronegativity

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending