Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

OCR Salters Chemistry F335 12th June 2013 Exam revision thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyJane95)
    Just sat this exam yesterday, it was absolutely horrible, how did anyone else do?
    I found it awful! Bye bye uni place However the majority of people from my college said it was easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bexisamazing)
    I think those equations are correct, because I got the same answer and checked mine at the end :s
    Ok, thanks for confirming that . I guess I need to take a trip to specsavers, kinda gutted to lose 2 marks from missing something that was on the page. Now I know how that chap who didn't see the moles of I2 on the last question feels haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moalem.abassi)
    What is the chemistry that agrees with bold?

The chemistry that agrees CaCO3(s) decreases, however, is:

eq1.

CaCO3 <=> CO3 2- + Ca 2+

eq2.

H+ + CO3 2- <=> HCO3-

- Increase acid means increase in [H+]

- Increase in[H+] causes equilibrium position of eq.2 to shift to the right (to oppose change)
    ^ By shifting to the right: [HCO3-] increases; [H+] and [CO3 2-] decrease.

- Since [CO3 2-] decreases, the equilibrium position in eq.2 shifts to the right (to oppose change)
    ^ By shifting to the right: [CO3 2-] and [Ca 2+] increase; [CaCO3] decreases.
    How many marks was that worth?

ReputationRep:
    I guess I'd lose a mark for putting chloroalkane instead of chloromethane

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stealth_writer)
    about 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badatgow)
    Ok, thanks for confirming that . I guess I need to take a trip to specsavers, kinda gutted to lose 2 marks from missing something that was on the page. Now I know how that chap who didn't see the moles of I2 on the last question feels haha.
    hahah, its okay I am sure many people misread things, I know I did on several questions. I forgot to answer the electron configuration question -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stealth_writer)
    I think it was 3 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Mollie_)
    I found it awful! Bye bye uni place However the majority of people from my college said it was easy
    Yeah I am so gutted, I need a b in that exam to get a b overall and I doubt I even scrapped a D! I feel the same way, bye bye uni place! where are you hoping to go? I didn't think it was like any of the past papers I did, it was so much harder than them all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richyp22)
    antiomony(v)oxide or antimonyoxide(v)

Does anybody remember what the condition was for the buffers?

Secondly on the question where it asked for the property of carrier molecule do you think i'd get a mark for saying insoluable?

I thought the condition for buffers was a high concentration of the salt. I may be wrong, but that's what I put. Also, you may do, however the actual answer they were look for was for you to say that it was inert.

ReputationRep:
    The more I read this thread, the more I think I've done terribly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EstebanK0)
    The more I read this thread, the more I think I've done terribly
    Me too! all these answers people are putting and I'm like well I didn't put that or that or that! Oh dear!

ReputationRep:
    quick question based on the titanium yellow paint question, titanium ion in the compound was +4 which means it has lost all its d shell electrons so how is the compound even coloured ? as colour is based upon there being d shell electrons

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I am so gutted, I need a b in that exam to get a b overall and I doubt I even scrapped a D! I feel the same way, bye bye uni place! where are you hoping to go? I didn't think it was like any of the past papers I did, it was so much harder than them all
    I need a D to for this exam to get a B overall but srsly thought I might not even get a D. This paper was horrible! Was so disappointed that they didn't ask about entropy question/ lattice enthalpy! Are you resitting F334? Anyway good luck though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justtoopro)
    quick question based on the titanium yellow paint question, titanium ion in the compound was +4 which means it has lost all its d shell electrons so how is the compound even coloured ? as colour is based upon there being d shell electrons
    Wasn't the oxidation state +4 for Ti in TiO2? therefore you ended up with the electron configuration which ended with 3p6 because both the 4s2 and 3d2 electrons had been lost.

I think that when you answered the question about Ti being coloured yellow you had to talk about the 3d subshells being split by ligands etc, not about TiO2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11hokj1)
    I need a D to for this exam to get a B overall but srsly thought I might not even get a D. This paper was horrible! Was so disappointed that they didn't ask about entropy question/ lattice enthalpy! Are you resitting F334? Anyway good luck though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah everything that I'm good at didn't come up like entropy or lattice calculations! And even the pH calculations which I'm usually good at were horrible ones! Yeah I am, I haven't done much revision for it yet as I've got a biology exam on Monday, think I've got some sleepless night ahead of me what about you? Good luck to you too

ReputationRep:
    Yeah everything that I'm good at didn't come up like entropy or lattice calculations! And even the pH calculations which I'm usually good at were horrible ones! Yeah I am, I haven't done much revision for it yet as I've got a biology exam on Monday, think I've got some sleepless night ahead of me what about you? Good luck to you too
    Yeah thought the pH calculations were harder than past papers, they asked a lot of "unpopular" topics which I didn't really expect

F334 is my last exam, I got REALLY BAD on that in Jan
    oh you doing Edexcel bio? good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Since everyone's saying this exam was a pretty horrible one, don't forget your marks will probably get put up in UMS and the grade boundaries will be lower! I never really know with chemistry but I think that exam was alright!

Anyone got the F334 retake on Wednesday? I'm dreading that exam a hell of a lot more than I did for F335 :s

ReputationRep:
    I have not a clue how to feel about this one, could've been ALOT worse and ALOT better to be honest :-/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bengowers)
    Since everyone's saying this exam was a pretty horrible one, don't forget your marks will probably get put up in UMS and the grade boundaries will be lower! I never really know with chemistry but I think that exam was alright!

Anyone got the F334 retake on Wednesday? I'm dreading that exam a hell of a lot more than I did for F335 :s
    Im dreading F334 too

Jump in jan boundries was crazy, 8 marks extra for an A...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bengowers)

I have the retake (last exam YESSSS) on Wednesday, but won't a fair amount of the stuff we have to learn be things we have just been revising for unit 5? Like functional groups, infrared spectrum, maths calculations etc?

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.