Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    So basically I've found myself in a bit of a dilemma. I've just done my first as level exams and got my january module results back today:

WJEC Biology-U
    OCR A Chemistry-U
    Edexcel Tudor History-D
    AQA Geography-D
    General Studies-B

Is there any hope for me left or should I just give up now? Happened to have parents evening on the same day as results and even though my teachers were really encouraging, just the fact that I'm going to have to resit all 5 because I wanted A's seems like an impossible task.

ReputationRep:
    Let this act as a warning for you to start working a bit harder. You have got about 3 months left before your exams, which is plenty of time to knuckle down and revise as much as possible. As long as you put the work and effort in, it's entirely possible to turn these results into a great set that will help you next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D-Box)
    Let this act as a warning for you to start working a bit harder. You have got about 3 months left before your exams, which is plenty of time to knuckle down and revise as much as possible. As long as you put the work and effort in, it's entirely possible to turn these results into a great set that will help you next year.
    Here here, the jump from GCSE -AS is huge, you need to realise it takes a hellish amount of effort to get As in any subject at A-Level : take this as a kick up the backside and knuckle down!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    There's absolutely NO reason to give up now! You've most likely spent about 8 months studying for As's, giving up now would make it a complete waste of time. Resist these exams, work your arse off in the mean time and when you've got your results in the summer re-evaluate where you stand. Many people have bad January exams results and still end up with A's and B's
    You could alternately drop a subject, reducing the workload, and don't resist general studies, most good unis dont accept it anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you guys, appreciate it, you've all given me hope!

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.